Well-Known Adventurer and Expedition Leader, Jim Davidson, to Deliver Keynote at Three Events
The Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International (HSMAI) will present the first show of HSMAI’s MEET series for 2013, April 23-24 at Chicago’s Navy Pier. Keynote speaker Jim Davidson will deliver remarks on the power of partnership and will share lessons learned throughout three decades of high-altitude climbs and corporate management experience, among many other ventures.
HSMAI’s MEET Mid-America continues to enhance the highly successful format, which debuted at the 2011 National event in Washington, D.C. HSMAI’s MEET, which stands for Meetings, Events, Education and Technology, has numerous benefits for attending exhibitors and event planning professionals, such as:
- HSMAI’s TEEM Up: A role reversal expo of exhibitors and planners where they can maximize their time for up to 10 one-on-one appointments requested by the pre-qualified and hosted meeting professionals
- HSMAI’s Attendee Concierge: HSMAI’s MEET Attendee Concierge is a convenient service helping attendees pre-schedule one-on-one appointments during regular tradeshow hours
- HSMAI’s Exhibitor Concierge: An HSMAI staff sales professional solely devoted to aiding suppliers in making advantageous business connections and maximizing their return on participation
- HSMAI’s MEET University: Industry specialists’ insights geared toward planners and exhibitors through an interactive, hands-on educational platform with sessions including:
- Strategic Negotiations – Getting the Results You Want with Integrity
- Meetings 3.0: HyperConnected, HyperSocial and HyperLocal
- Use Social Media to Engage Your Audience Before, During & After Your Event
- Plan Creative Food and Beverage on a Budget
- Stretching Your Budget Dollars: 100+ Budget Saving Tips in 60 Minutes
In addition, MPI will provide educational content for planners attending HSMAI’s MEET Mid-America as part of the partnership between HSMAI and MPI that launched last year to lead the industry in training, professional development and marketplace opportunities for meetings, events and hospitality professionals.
Keynote speaker Jim Davidson will share lessons learned during his more than 30 years of adventure and professional experience. Davidson, who has spent his career as an environmental consultant, expert witness and corporate manager, all the while leading expeditions to a number of the world’s highest peaks and participating in rescue operations, will speak about “the power of partnership.” Davidson’s remarks are sure to inspire attendees and get them ready to take on their business challenges.
“Having a reliable and resilient partner always increases the odds of overcoming adversity and achieving success, whether you're aiming for a high altitude summit or a big business goal,” Davidson said. “During the opening keynote at HSMAI’s MEET, I'll share some powerful partnership stories from exhilarating climbing adventures and distill how you can be a powerful partner.”
For exhibitors, HSMAI’s MEET Mid-America offers significant benefits, including the opportunity to connect with more than 800 experienced planners from the corporate, association, government, and independent sectors and learn about the issues they are facing. Planners currently registered represent the American Dental Association, IBM, Microsoft, U.S. Department of Labor, Walgreens, and many more companies and organizations.
“HSMAI’s MEET and the appointment opportunities at the conference have given us an edge to meet the right customer at the right time, and allowed us to tell our story,” said 2012 HSMAI’s MEET exhibitor, Shannon Derrick, CMP, senior director, global sales at Wyndham Hotel Group. “Having booth time and appointments is the best of both worlds.”
See what other exhibitors have to say about the value of HSMAI’s MEET at www.youtube.com/HSMAIMEET
Remaining HSMAI’s MEET shows this year include:
HSMAI’s MEET West
May 29-30, 2013
HSMAI’s MEET National
September 4-5, 2013
Walter E. Washington Convention Center
Booth space is available. Interested exhibitors may contact Bradley Eubank, exhibition sales account manager, J. Spargo & Associates, Inc., 703-631-6200, email@example.com
Please visit www.hsmaimeet.com
for more information about HSMAI’s MEET series of events for 2013.
The Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International (HSMAI) is committed to growing business for hotels and their partners, and is the industry’s leading advocate for intelligent, sustainable hotel revenue growth. The association provides hotel professionals & their partners with tools, insights, and expertise to fuel sales, inspire marketing, and optimize revenue through programs such as HSMAI’s MEET
, Adrian Awards
, and Revenue Optimization Conference
. HSMAI is an individual membership organization comprising more than 7,000 members worldwide, with 40 chapters in the Americas Region. Connect with HSMAI at www.hsmai.org
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.