This publication presents reviews of the London, England, Scotland and Wales hotel markets for 2012 and analysis of selected key European and Middle Eastern hotel markets including Amsterdam, Barcelona, Cairo, Dubai, Jeddah, Madrid, Moscow, Munich, Paris, Riyadh, Rome, St Petersburg and Warsaw. In a regional look at UK city performance, we have focussed on Bristol, Edinburgh and Manchester.
Key insights from HotStats 2013: UK, Europe & MENA Hotel Industry Report include:
- A remarkable year for London as hotels benefit from the London 2012 Olympics and posted a third consecutive year of annual growth in profit per room;
- Provincial hoteliers experienced a fifth consecutive year of profit decline.
- Moscow hotels increase revenue and profit performance as corporate travel continues to grow since the recession;
- Mixed results in Spain’s two main cities as Barcelona experienced an increase and Madrid a decrease in gross operating profit performance.
- A strong pick-up in visitor levels to Cairo in the latter part of 2012 underpinned notable revenue growth for hotels in Egypt’s capital;
- Dubai’s burgeoning reputation as a business and tourism destination continues as upscale hotels achieved occupancy approaching 80 per cent, and 15 per cent increase in gross operating performance despite increases in supply.
- Warsaw’s strength of demand during the summer month’s during the UEFA EURO 2012 undoubtedly contributed to a year-on-year increase in profit per available room of approximately 16 per cent.
- As a result of the superior room revenue performance and efficient cost management, hotels in Munich recorded an impressive 11.9 per cent increase in profit levels to €54.88 from €49.05 per available room in 2011.
Click here ( Adobe Acrobat PDF file) to download the complete article.
TRI Hospitality Consulting provides a wide range of services to clients in the hotel sector. It has offices in London, Dubai and Madrid.
For more information contact:
Jonathan Langston, managing director 020 7892 2201
David Bailey, deputy managing director 020 7892 2202
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.