Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) and Macfarlane Stonefield, LLC today announce the opening of Hyatt Place Charlottesville. This is the first Hyatt Place to open in the Charlottesville, Va. area, and is centrally located within the city in the Shops at Stonefield.
“The Charlottesville area has become a destination for education, history, culture, and entertainment, and we know that travelers will appreciate the hotel’s proximity to the city’s dynamic mix of activity,” said Sara Bishop, general manager of Hyatt Place Charlottesville. “While staying at the hotel, our guests will enjoy and appreciate the comfortable and functional amenities offered at Hyatt Place. We are confident that Hyatt Place Charlottesville will exceed guest expectations and provide them with everything they need while away from home.”
“We are confident that Hyatt Place Charlottesville will bring a new standard to the area, and will provide a perfect mix of style, service and amenities that will exceed guest expectations.”
Hyatt Place Charlottesville is the city’s newest hotel and is centrally located at U.S. 29 and Hydraulic Road. The hotel is in close proximity to the University of Virginia and John Paul Jones Arena. Entertainment is abundant with multiple venues located at the Historic Downtown Pedestrian Mall, including the nTelos Wireless Pavilion, The Jefferson Theater, The Paramount Theater, and The Southern. Easy access to main thoroughfares allows convenient travel to an array of local, award-winning vineyards and breweries, as well as Virginia’s historic presidential homes.
Hyatt Place Charlottesville offers:
- 137 spacious guestrooms, all of which feature a 42-inch HDTV, the plush Hyatt Grand Bed® and a Cozy Corner sectional sofa
- Complimentary Wi-Fi access throughout the hotel
- Complimentary a.m. Kitchen SkilletTM, featuring freshly prepared breakfast sandwiches, a variety of fresh fruits, hot and cold cereal, yogurt, breads, premium coffee and an assortment of juices
- 2,015 square feet of flexible, high-tech meeting/function space
- 24/7 Gallery Menu serving made-to-order entrees and appetizers around the clock
- A Coffee to Cocktails Bar featuring specialty coffees and premium beers, as well as wines and cocktails
Hyatt Place Charlottesville is under the leadership of General Manager Sara Bishop and Director of Sales Kico Hedrick. In her role, Bishop is directly responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the hotel, including overseeing the hotel’s 40 associates and ensuring guests encounter the purposeful service for which Hyatt Place is known. Hedrick is responsible for providing sales service and support to travelers and meeting planners frequenting the Charlottesville area.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.