How loyal are you? That's what the travel experts at Hotels.com set out to determine with their Consumer Loyalty Survey which examined Canadian thoughts and behaviours toward brand loyalty programs. Well, the results are in and it turns out loyalty is too, with an impressive 86 per cent of Canadians participating in a loyalty program.
"Most of us appreciate something extra in return for our repeat business," says Taylor L. Cole, APR, travel expert for Hotels.com. "Loyalty programs provide added perks like free products, upgrades, discounts or more from your favourite brands. Check out our Welcome Rewards program which gives travellers a valuable perk -- one free night for every 10 stayed."
Key Findings on Canadian Loyalty:
- Most Canadians (73 per cent) are conservative in the number of loyalty programs they join, committing to five or less.
- The perks offered through loyalty programs were the primary draw for signups at 67 per cent.
- Speaking of perks, the favourite was free products/services at 75 per cent with exclusive promotions trailing a distant second at 16 per cent.
- Grocery and drugstore chains had the highest brand loyalty at 58 per cent, followed by travel services (airlines or hotels) at 15 per cent.
- Regardless of the program, most Canadians (63 per cent) are not willing pay higher prices for goods or services in exchange for brand loyalty program benefits.
- When it comes to travel, airline programs dominated with 52 per cent of Canadians belonging to an air travel program, followed by hotel chains at 31 per cent.
- 17 per cent of Canadians indicated they are members of an online travel loyalty program.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.