Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) and Interstate Hotels & Resorts today announce the opening of Hyatt Place Fredericksburg-Mary Washington. The hotel, which is located on the campus of the University of Mary Washington, serves the university community, Historic Downtown Fredericksburg, Virginia and the Mary Washington Health System with its convenient centralized location.
“Hyatt Place Fredericksburg-Mary Washington is located in a desirable and historic area, and we’re looking forward to creating a positive experience for each and every guest that walks through our doors,” said Jim Fournier, general manager. “Hyatt Place was designed for business and leisure travelers alike, so we are confident all our guests will appreciate our hotel’s open, intuitive design, casual atmosphere and practical amenities. We are very excited about being part of the Fredericksburg community.”
Located in the middle of the university’s Eagle Village – a pedestrian-friendly 23-acre mixed-use development – Hyatt Place Fredericksburg-Mary Washington is within steps of more than 20 retail shops, a fitness club, a grocery store, 10 family-oriented restaurants and cafés offering selections from sushi and Mexican cuisine, and one of the area’s most popular sports bars. Miles of the city’s trail system surround the hotel, providing walkers, runners, and bicyclists with access to Historic Downtown Fredericksburg and the Rappahannock River.
Hyatt Place Fredericksburg-Mary Washington offers:
- 93 roomy rooms, including four Presidential Executive Suites, all of which feature a swiveling 42-inch HDTV, the plush Hyatt Grand Bed® and Cozy Corner sectional sofa
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
- Complimentary a.m. Kitchen SkilletTM breakfast for guests, featuring freshly prepared breakfast sandwiches, a variety of fresh fruits, hot and cold cereal, yogurt, breads, premium coffee and an assortment of juices
- More than 1,500 square feet of flexible, high-tech meeting/function space
- 24/7 Gallery Menu serving made-to-order entrees and appetizers around the clock
- A Coffee to Cocktails Bar featuring specialty coffees and premium beers, as well as wines and cocktails
Hyatt Place Fredericksburg-Mary Washington is led by General Manager Jim Fournier, Assistant General Manager John Marion and Director of Sales Michelle Hardy. In their roles, Fournier and Marion are directly responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the hotel, including overseeing the hotel’s more than 30 associates and ensuring guests encounter the authentic hospitality experience for which Hyatt Place is known. Hardy is responsible for providing sales service and support to guests and meeting planners frequenting the Fredericksburg area, as well as serving as liaison to the Fredericksburg community and local organizations.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.