Comprised of educational seminars, leisure activities, and food and beverage events, the weekend strikes a thoughtful balance between education and entertainment. Students seize the opportunity to showcase what they've learned in the classroom in a practical, real-world environment.
Now in its 89th year, the conference will center on this year's theme, Food for Thought, by discussing the importance of healthy eating and the role of the hospitality industry and the government to produce, source, and prepare healthy food.
This year's program boasts a wide array of prominent speakers:
• Ursula Bauer, Director, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion
• Jennifer Cabe, Executive Director and Board Member, The Canyon Ranch Institute
• Chuck Conine, Vice President of Human Resources for Restaurants, LYFE Kitchen
• Mitchel Davis, Executive Vice President, The James Beard Foundation
• Maisie Ganzler, Vice President of Strategy, Bon Appétit Management Company
• Jonathan Jarvis, Director, The National Park Service
• Joan McGlockton, Vice President of Food Policy, National Restaurant Association
• Charles Milam, Principal Director for Military Community and Family Policy, Office of the Secretary of State
• Diana Monaco, Public Affairs Specialist, Food and Drug Administration
• Abby Murtagh, Executive Food and Beverage Director, The New York Palace
• Beth Scott, Vice President of Restaurant Concepts, Hilton Worldwide
• Victor Tiffany, Senior Vice President of Hospitality, Seminole Tribe of Florida
• Brian Wansink, John Dyson Applied Chair, Applied Economics and Management Department, Cornell University, Author ofMindless Eating: Why We Eat More Than We Think
• Lawrence Williams, President and Chief Executive Officer, United States Healthful Food Council
It's time that professionals and individuals alike start thinking about what they eat, how they prepare it, where it comes from, and what effect it has on their bodies. The 89th Annual Hotel Ezra Cornell will start the conversation from March 20-23, 2014 at Cornell University in Ithaca, NY. To register and find out more, please visit www.hotelezracornell.com.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.