Hotel Technology Next Generation (HTNG), the membership association that unites the world’s hospitality companies and technology innovators to solve technology challenges, announced an engaging series of speakers and sessions for its annual North American conference at the Rancho Bernardo Inn near San Diego. The event is open to all hoteliers, and to non-hoteliers with HTNG memberships.
HTNG conference agendas focus on helping hoteliers gain a better understanding of business issues that technology can address. The content also helps attendees stay current on the technologies that drive the hotel business. This year's main session speakers include a white-hat hacker, a technology “Angel Investor,” two winners of the HFTP International Hospitality Technology Hall of Fame award and a range of hotel IT executives and consultants.
Breakout meetings on the two preceding days (March 3-4) will cover such issues as Bring Your Own Content and Device, Wi-Fi Deployment, Wireless Power, Door Locking Technology, 4K Television, Managing Sensitive Data in Above Property Deployments, and Virtual Payments. Attendance at these technical sessions is a benefit of HTNG membership. One-time trials for non-members can also be arranged.
A listing of confirmed sessions for the main conference includes:
- The Fifth Wave: Tomorrow's Hottest Trends in Technology
- Hackers and Attack Anatomy
- Mobile: A Solution Still Looking for a Problem?
- Travel Throughout the Ages
- The Battle of Disruptive Lodging Models and Technology
- Are You Ready for Asia?
- HTNG Annual Report and Workgroup Reports
- Managing the Sourcing Paradox
- Most Innovative Hospitality Technology Award Ceremony
- IT Leaders' Panel
- Dave Berkus, Founder & President, Berkus Technology Ventures, LLC
- John Biggs, Managing Director, JWB 111 Consulting Services
- Robert Cole, Founder, RockCheetah
- Ted Harrington, Executive Partner, Independent Security Evaluators
- David Heckaman, Vice President of Technology, Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group
- Mark Hoare, Partner, Prism Partnership
- Laurent Idrac, CIO, Accor
- Dayna Kully, Co-Founder, 5thGenWireless
- Monika Nerger, CIO, Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group
- Kevin Quinlivan, CIO, Delaware North Companies
- Michelle Renn, Managing Editor, Hotel-Online.com
- Jeremy Rock, Founder & Principal , RockIT Group
- Neil Schubert, Vice President, IT Strategy, Marriott International
- Harbans Singh, Managing Director, Ubiq Global Solutions
- Yvette Vincent, Director of Information Systems, Delaware North Companies
- Chetan Vora, VP of Software Development, Infor
- Dick Wagner, Director of Emerging Technologies, Marriott International
- Todd Wood, VP of Technology - The Americas and Global Applications, Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group
Additional Opportunity for Senior Level Hotel Technologists: Hotel CIOs, IT Directors, regional heads and equivalent senior-level corporate technologists are also eligible to participate in the Hotel IT Leaders’ Roundtable, immediately following the main conference on Thursday afternoon (limit two attendees per company). This afternoon-long, hotelier-only session creates a real-time agenda determined by the attendees. Details about this free meeting are on HTNG’s web site.
Registration Information: Online registration is available, but if you are interested, don't delay; the last registration discount will expire Friday 21 February.
For general questions about the conference, the roundtable or either forum meeting, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.