AMResorts signed its 40th contract this week, extending the hospitality powerhouse’s reach to Panama and securing its sixth property in just one year.
President and CEO of Apple Leisure Group, Alejandro Zozaya, announced that its subsidiary, AMResorts, signed contracts for two outstanding properties: Zoëtry® Villa Rolandi Isla Mujeres Cancun – a 35-room property in Isla Mujeres, Cancun, Mexico and Dreams® Buenaventura Panama Resort & Spa – a new 450-room resort under development just outside of Panama City, Panama.
The Dreams Buenaventura Panama signing marks the company’s 40th contract under the AMResorts brand. “Dreams Buenaventura Panama Resort & Spa is a milestone transaction that not only showcases the breadth and strength of our resort brand portfolio, it also exemplifies our mission to establish AMResorts’ hospitality excellence in new and highly desirable leisure markets such as Panama,” said Zozaya. “Panama’s promising travel sector is one of the best kept secrets of Central American tourism, offering tremendous opportunities to our partners and brands.”
Apple Leisure Group’s Executive Vice President and Chief Strategy Officer, Javier Coll, added, “Our venture into this exciting new destination, combined with robust efforts to expand our footprint in existing markets, is a strategic move that will yield significant returns and bolster overall market share within the competitive all-inclusive resort industry.”
Buenaventura and Villa Rolandi are just the latest chapter in Apple Leisure Group’s phenomenal ascent fueled by AMResorts’ world-class resort brand management extending to six properties in one year, five of which are new developments:
- Dreams® Buenaventura Panama Resort & Spa: Located in an exclusive community of luxury villas and high-end resorts, the 450-suite property will be managed under AMResorts’ Dreams luxury family resort brand and is slated for completion in 2016.
- Zoëtry® Villa Rolandi Isla Mujeres Cancun: AMResorts will assume operation of this elegant and intimate 35-room resort in June 2014, officially rebranding the property under AMResorts’ luxury boutique brand, Zoëtry Wellness & Spa Resorts, in December 2014.
- Dreams® Las Mareas Costa Rica: Occupying a private white-sand beach cove surrounded by lush jungle, this 447-room family resort, (opening in November 2014), will feature seven world-class restaurants, bars, a nightclub, Core Zone for teens and Explorer’s club for children, plus a Dreams Spa by Pevonia®.
- Secrets® Playa Mujeres Resort & Spa: Situated on 2.3 miles of gated beachfront property on the Yucatan Peninsula AMResorts’ sophisticated adults-only Secrets brand will launch this 424-room all-inclusive property in November 2014.
- Secrets® Akumal Riviera Maya: Set to open in December 2015, the luxurious 425-room couples’ resort is situated on Akumal Beach, one of TripAdvisor’s reader’s choice “Top 25 Beaches in the World.”
- Breathless® Riviera Maya: Scheduled to open in December 2015, this 500-room resort property is the second under AMResorts’ new Breathless brand of all-adult, luxury all-inclusive resorts appealing to singles, couples and friends.
Panama’s distinctive beauty and abundant natural wonders are just a few reasons why the country is an up-and-coming destination with North American travelers. Bordered by stunning beaches on the Atlantic and Pacific coasts, agri- and eco-tourists can enjoy trips to nearby mountains, rainforests, volcanoes, coffee plantations, waterfalls, and vast national parks and reserves. Panama also has a thriving cultural and entertainment scene with theater, jazz and night clubs, casinos and upscale shopping. The first Frank Gehry-designed museum in Latin America, due to open near the mouth of the Panama Canal this year, is also expected to attract more visitors to the country.
About Apple Leisure Group
Fast-growing Apple Leisure Group is comprised of Apple Vacations®, the world’s largest tour operator to Mexico and the Dominican Republic, Travel Impressions, an award-winning U.S. wholesaler possessing an extensive global portfolio, CheapCaribbean.com, a popular online travel agency specializing in luxury vacation packages and resort accommodations in Mexico and the Caribbean, AMResorts®, provider of exceptional marketing and brand management services to six luxury resort brands, Amstar DMC®, a destination management company offering premium airport transfers, tours and excursions, and Unlimited Vacation Club, an elite recognition and benefits program for discerning travelers who expect the very best in a vacation experience.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.