As a company, Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts has always strived to involve employees and guests in the common goal of preserving and protecting the planet. Mirroring this commitment, Four Seasons Hotel Denver announces new sustainability measures at its property.
“At Four Seasons, being environmentally responsible is part of who we are,” says Thierry Kennel, general manager of Four Seasons Hotel Denver. “Our Hotel guests share these same values, so we have launched several new ‘green’ initiatives, such as biodegradable room keys.”
The Hotel has enacted the following environmentally friendly offerings:
- Recyclable coffee pods: Hotel guests enjoy Nespresso machines in their rooms, and the Nespresso coffee pods are collected for recycling into new pods or new coffeemaker units.
- Wooden guest keys: The Hotel’s new guest room keys are made of birch harvested through sustainable means; these new biodegradable keys are much friendlier to the environment than regular plastic keys.
- “Blue Bear” Green Linen program: If a guest wishes to participate in the Green Linen program (in which they opt not to have sheets washed daily), they simply place the “blue bear” on the bed.
- Green transportation options: Hotel guests can choose to book a hybrid vehicle for their airport transfers and transport needs.
- LED lights: The engineering team at Four Seasons is changing all light bulbs in hallways and rooms to LED lights.
- Recycling hotel toiletry items: Soap products are donated to local churches and shelters.
- Biodegradable water bottles: The Hotel utilizes biodegradable water bottles for meetings and events from WorldLife Water. For every bottle purchased, a contribution is made to fund projects that expand access to clean drinking water worldwide.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.