Re-opening in 2014 as the first Four Seasons in South Africa, Four Seasons Hotel The Westcliff Johannesburg in the Subcontinent’s regional gateway city promises to be as popular with local residents as international travellers. A stylish urban resort nestled in Westcliff, a prestigious neighbourhood of the city’s most affluent area known as The Parks, Four Seasons is conveniently located close to business, culture, leisure and shopping destinations. The Johannesburg Zoo is within walking distance, and panoramic vistas extend across the city’s dense tree canopy.
Set on a hillside of gardens, courtyards and low rise buildings, Four Seasons is a cool and contemporary oasis in a vibrant and cosmopolitan city currently experiencing extraordinary growth and renaissance. The ultimate social hub of the city’s most affluent neighbourhoods thanks to its dining and drinking venues, as well as its comprehensive full service destination spa, Four Seasons Hotel The Westcliff Johannesburg will also host weddings, social functions and business meetings, and welcome families, international business travellers, and those visiting the city on their way to the region’s most exclusive safari game lodges, Capetown and the wine country, and Indian Ocean resort destinations. The city is also a mecca for golfers, with 36 of the country’s top 100 courses within one hour’s drive.
Welcome to the New Johannesburg
Affectionately known as Jo’burg, Jozi or Egoli, Johannesburg is the most important city in the African subcontinent. Originally founded on the gold and diamond trade, recent years have seen the city emerge as a modern business metropolis, yet offering incomparable lifestyle with a lively social scene in its cafes, restaurants and creative communities, and designer boutiques catering to the city’s affluent population.
With a comfortable climate that promotes year-round enjoyment of the outdoors, Johannesburg is also a very green city, with botanical gardens, manicured parks, and famed golf courses. Within a short drive are historic Pretoria, private game reserves, and the Cradle of Humankind, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Four Seasons Hotel The Westcliff Johannesburg is centrally located between Sandton, considered Africa’s premier business and financial centre, and the revitalized trendy neighbourhoods of the Central Business District, as well as the city’s best shopping centres and open air markets.
Four Seasons Hotel The Westcliff Johannesburg – Fact Sheet
- Sebastien Carre, a 10 year company veteran previously at Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC; Four SeasonsResort Provence (formerly a Four Seasons hotel); Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora; and Four Seasons Resort Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt
Originally built in 1997, The Westcliff was conceived as an enclave of luxury residents. Now, it is being reborn under the flag of Four Seasons under the guidance of RSL Architects and JACKET INTERIORS, both of Johannesburg.
- 117 guest rooms, including 12 suites, located in nine low rise residential buildings
- All guest rooms open to a garden terrace or balcony; views include gardens, courtyards, the city’s dense tree canopy, or the neighbouring Johannesburg Zoo
- Modern African décor features original artwork
Executive Chef Dirk Gieselmann, previously the executive chef at three Michelin star L’Auberge de L’Ill in Illhaeusern, France, creates a culinary journey focused on seasonality and local provenance.
With a lively, buzzing atmosphere, the five modern restaurants, bars and lounges at Four Seasons Hotel The Westcliff Johannesburg provide a vibrant social centre for every Johannesburg occasion – from breakfast to late-night cocktails at the bar.
- FLAMES, a lively terrace bar and grill - an indoor-outdoor restaurant opening to an expansive terrace and impressive panoramic views, with a menu of local and seasonal produce, grilled meats and seafood paired with local craft beers and the best South African wines, with a braai (South African barbecue grill) at the heart of the action
- VIEW, a sophisticated dining room – conceived as a gallery of culinary art, with a dramatic interior setting the stage for a decadent dining experience
- CELLAR DOOR, a secret cellar – celebrating the marriage of food and wine, with shared plates paired with South Africa’s best regional wines; will include a show kitchen and Chef’s Table as a venue for special events and cooking classes
- THE WESTCLIFF DELI, an innovative neighbourhood deli café – a casual meeting place with tables indoors and out, plus a takeaway counter
- Après-Spa, the city’s trendiest secluded outdoor spa lounge – a relaxed outdoor venue and bar with sofas and daybeds, ideal for enjoying pre and post treatment refreshments and light fare
A newly built Spa complex designed exclusively for the new Four Seasons, designed for easy access near the Hotel’s entrance for local clientele as well as Hotel guests:
- 9 treatment rooms, including a couple's luxury suite
- Men’s and women’s change rooms, each with their own sauna and steam rooms
- A spa boutique offering bespoke spa products and fashions
- An outdoor infinity lap pool with water feature and bubble bed
- State-of-the-art fitness centre, plus on and off site jogging trails and easy access to the neighbouring Johannesburg Zoo and Zoo Lake Park
1,457 square metres (15,683 square feet) of naturally-lit function space, including:
- 615 square metres (6,620 square feet) of indoor space including The Arcadia Ballroom, with panoramic garden views and terrace; the ballroom is divisible and features a pre-function space
- 4 meeting rooms with a jointed pre-function space and beautifully expanded outdoor terrace and gardens
- 13 additional function rooms and outdoor gardens offer a complete conference suite in the uniquely refreshing settings of a green urban resort
- Extensive outdoor space (842 square metres or 9063 square feet) including gardens and green lawns ideal for weddings and social functions
World-renowned Four Seasons service includes:
- Expert multi-lingual concierge team providing access to the city’s hottest tickets, fashionable restaurants and shopping, as well as connections to the region’s most exclusive safari game lodges
- Exclusive Four Seasons airport and transportation services
- Fully equipped 24-hour business centre
- Twice-daily housekeeping, laundry services, complimentary morning coffee and international newspapers
- Round-the-clock in-room dining
- Hospitality lounge for early check in and late check out
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.