Questex Hospitality + Travel today announced a roster of the travel industry’s brightest young leaders to serve as Steering Committee members for the newly rebranded 2014 Young Travel Leaders Conference (YTLC).
The event, to be held Dec. 8 at The Palazzo® Las Vegas in conjunction with Luxury Travel Exchange International (LTX), provides a forum for under-40 travel professionals to showcase industry talent and foster peer-to-peer networking, career development and information-sharing.
The Steering Committee will guide the Young Travel Leaders Conference’s dynamic networking and relevant educational programming. Its members include:
- Carole Anne Hughs, VWT coordinator, Valerie Wilson Travel, New York
- Andrey Zakharenko, owner and founder, Russian Connections, San Francisco
- Ryan Mielke, manager, Regency Travel, Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
- DeAnne Petritz, director, leisure travel, CI Travel, Virginia Beach, Va.
- Heather Christopher, manager, Classic Travel at Tacketts Mill, Woodbridge, Va.
- Daniela Harrison, travel consultant, Avenues of the World Travel, Flagstaff, Ariz.
- Chris O’Connor, travel consultant, Allure Travel, a division of Corporate Travel Management, Denver
- Bernadette Sperrazza, leisure travel enthusiast, The World Awaits Travel, Brooklyn, New York
- Katelyn O’Shaughnessy, luxury travel planner, TravelStore, Brentwood, Calif.
- Caroline Bracewell, Atlanta-based luxury travel consultant, Easy Escapes Travel, New York
“It’s always exciting to see a healthy mix of agents who have been with us since day one and agents who are attending for the first time,” said Joe Pike, senior editor of Travel Agent magazine and co-chair of the event. “The show always evolves, whether it be an increase in interactive sessions or simply a spike in excitement from our attendees. I'm excited to see where this year's show will take us.”
Peer-to-peer networking was the number-one reason cited for YTLC attendance in 2013. “The level of expertise ranges from a few years in the industry to over a decade of travel selling,” he said.
Registration will open in late spring. Sponsorship opportunities are available but limited. All YTLC participants will receive complimentary admission to LTX, Dec. 9-11 at The Palazzo® Las Vegas.
Produced by Luxury Travel Advisor and Travel Agent magazines, YLC is the first and only industrywide forum created exclusively for the under-40 travel professional. For more information, visit YoungTravelLeaders.com/Conference or connect on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
About Questex Hospitality + Travel
Questex Hospitality + Travel, the largest multimedia organization in the world dedicated to travel and lodging, drives revenue, productivity and value-creation for these related industries through strategic investment and deal-making forums, powerful lead-generation tools, interactive online business solutions, world-class events and industry-leading publications.
Questex Travel Group, a division of Questex Hospitality + Travel, serves travel marketers globally through its TravelAgentCentral.com, LuxuryTravelAdvisor.com, TravelAgentUniversity and International Meetings Review online portals. It operates the leading luxury travel booking site, FiveStarAlliance.com, publishes Travel Agent and Luxury Travel Advisor magazines and produces leisure events: Luxury Travel Exchange International, ULTRA Luxury Summit, Young Travel Leaders Conference and Hawaii Travel Exchange and MICE events: Global Meeting & Incentive Travel Exchanges and CONFEC conferences.
Questex Hospitality + Travel also provides business development, marketing and training services to national tourism organizations/destination marketing associations, hotel, gaming, resort and cruise companies, online travel agencies and travel advisors worldwide. Questex Hospitality + Travel is a division of Questex Media Group LLC, headquartered in Newton, Mass., with offices throughout the world.
RDR PR LLC
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.