The survey also found that 84 percent of business travelers prefer to work in their hotel room, compared with the 4 percent who prefer the lobby and the 10 percent who prefer to work from a hotel's business center.
"Choice Hotels 'Road Warrior Survey' indicates that more than 80 percent of business travelers work from their hotel while traveling," said Robert McDowell, senior vice president, marketing and distribution at Choice Hotels. "It's crucial that hotels cater to travelers' business needs and provide them with as many conveniences as possible."
Other findings from the survey include:
- 88 percent have stayed at a midscale hotel for business purposes in the past year.
- 76 percent book hotel reservations online.
- 59 percent count on the availability of express check-in and checkout.
- 60 percent have used a smartphone or tablet to check-in.
- 55 percent expect HDTV in their hotel room.
- 61 percent use their in-room coffee maker.
- 53 percent use their in-room mini-fridge.
- 51 percent use their in-room microwave.
- 52 percent expect ample workspace with additional lighting in their hotel room.
- 30 percent count on an ergonomic desk chair in their hotel room.
- 48 percent need access to a printer when traveling for business.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.