Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) and HPV S.A. announced the opening of Hyatt Place Santiago/Vitacura in the city of Santiago, Chile. The opening marks the second Hyatt-branded hotel in Santiago and introduces the Hyatt Place brand to Chile and the South American continent.
The first Hyatt Place hotel outside the United States debuted in Central America with the 2012 opening of Hyatt Place San Jose/Pinares in Costa Rica. The Hyatt Place brand has since grown its brand presence in Latin America and the Caribbean with locations in Puerto Rico, Mexico and now Chile. Expansion is set to continue in the region later this year with anticipated Hyatt Place hotel openings in Mexico and Panama.
As Chile continues to cement its rank of being one of the best places to do business in Latin America, backed by its 2013 designation as such by The World Bank, the country is an important business and leisure market for Hyatt. The opening of Hyatt Place Santiago/Vitacura is an important step in Hyatt’s growth in strategic gateway and regional markets throughout Latin America.
“Hyatt’s history in Chile spans more than 20 years, beginning when Grand Hyatt Santiago welcomed its first guests,” said Myles McGourty, senior vice president of operations, Latin America & Caribbean for Hyatt. “Hyatt Place Santiago/Vitacura brings one of the newest brands in Hyatt’s portfolio to Chile, and we look forward to sharing its unique approach to service with a new segment of travelers looking for approachable style and design. It is an exciting time to be growing in Chile.”
Andreas Nauheimer, Director of HPV S.A., stated, “We are excited to work once again with Hyatt and bring a new hotel to life in Santiago. Hyatt Place Santiago/Vitacura offers an innovative service concept and a modern design that we believe will be very successful in Santiago.”
About Hyatt Place Santiago/Vitacura
Hyatt Place Santiago/Vitacura is an upscale, select service hotel designed for multi-tasking travelers. The hotel is located in the upscale Santiago neighborhood of Vitacura, conveniently located 20 minutes from Arturo Merino Benitez International Airport on Americo Vespucio Avenue.
Business travelers will find the hotel located within minutes of Santiago’s three main business districts: Nueva Las Condes, El Golf, Providencia and Ciudad Empresarial. Travelers of all kinds can find local attractions within close proximity such as the Museum of Fashion, Historic Quarter, Municipal Theater, Fine Arts Museum, and San Cristobal Hill. Hyatt Place Santiago/Vitacura is within walking distance to Alonso de Cordova Avenue shopping, as well as Parque Arauco Shopping Mall, which offers an array of restaurants, shopping and entertainment options.
Hyatt Place Santiago/Vitacura offers guests:
- 160 roomy rooms, including 20 suites, with mountain or city views
- All guestrooms feature a swiveling 46-inch HDTV, the plush Hyatt Grand Bed, a Cozy Corner sectional sofa-sleeper and Hyatt Plug Panel media center for connecting a laptop or media device to the TV
- Free Wi-Fi everywhere
- Free hot buffet breakfast for guests with a stay
- 24/7 Gallery Menu & Market, which includes an all-day-dining restaurant, freshly prepared entrees and appetizers available around-the-clock, plus on-the-go salads, sandwiches, sweets and bottled beverages
- A Coffee to Cocktails Bar, offering a wide range of specialty coffees, espresso, premium beer and wines
- Five meeting rooms with more than 3,300 square feet of flexible meeting space with unique food & beverage options, audiovisual equipment and more
- 24-hour StayFit Gym
- Indoor heated pool
- Public computers available around the clock and free wireless printers that can be used from anywhere in the hotel
Hyatt Place Santiago/Vitacura Leadership
Hyatt Place Santiago/Vitacura is under the leadership of General Manager Sergio Ortiz and Director of Sales Maria Paz Vacarezza. In his role, Mr. Ortiz is directly responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the hotel, including overseeing the hotel’s more than 50 associates and ensuring guests encounter the purposeful service for which Hyatt Place is known. Ms. Vacarezza is responsible for providing sales service and support to travelers and meeting planners frequenting the Santiago/Vitacura area.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.