Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) and Grupo Eco announced the opening of Hyatt Place La Paz in Baja California Sur, Mexico. Hyatt Place La Paz is the second Hyatt Place hotel to open in Mexico and continues Hyatt’s growth strategy in the country.
“The opening of this hotel marks the second Hyatt Place in Mexico, and we are delighted to be expanding the brand’s presence in Mexico. This hotel opening is a testament to the success and value of the Hyatt Place brand,” said Myles McGourty, senior vice president, Latin America & Caribbean for Hyatt. “We believe Hyatt Place La Paz will bring a new standard to the area and will provide a perfect mix of style, service and amenities that will exceed guest expectations.”
Hyatt Place La Paz opens eight months after the first Hyatt Place hotel, Hyatt Place Los Cabos, opened in Mexico. Hyatt has previously announced additional Hyatt Place hotels in Mexico, including Tijuana, Baja California; and Ciudad del Carmen, Campeche.
The growing appeal of the Hyatt Place brand among business and leisure travelers visiting Latin America and the Caribbean is fueling this growth in the region. Hyatt Place is currently represented in Costa Rica, Chile and Puerto Rico. Previously announced Hyatt Place hotels are under development in Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, and Brazil.
Hyatt Place La Paz is an upscale, select service hotel designed for the multi-tasking traveler. The hotel is situated in the exclusive area of Costa Baja in La Paz, near the Pichilingue Highway, 30 minutes from La Paz International Airport. The Costa Baja neighborhood is rich with nearby activities for guests to enjoy, including a beach on the Gulf of California, the 18-hole Costa Baja Golf Course designed by Gary Player, a 250-slip marina, and a variety of shops and restaurants. The hotel is also in close proximity to La Paz’s historic downtown, Todos Santos Magic Town and Espiritu Santo Island, a UNESCO biosphere reserve. Guests to the destination may also enjoy seasonal water activities such as whale watching, surfing, kayaking, sailing, wave runners, jet skiing, and deep-sea fishing, among others.
Hyatt Place La Paz offers guests:
- 151 roomy rooms, each offering scenic views of the marina or the Sea of Cortez
- All guestrooms feature a swiveling 42-inch TV, the plush Hyatt Grand Bed and a Cozy Corner sectional sofa with sectional sofa-sleeper
- Free Wi-Fi everywhere
- Free hot buffet breakfast for guests
- 24/7 Gallery Menu & Market, which includes an all-day-dining restaurant, freshly prepared entrees and appetizers available around-the-clock, plus on-the-go salads, sandwiches, sweets and bottled beverages
- A Coffee to Cocktails Bar, offering a wide range of specialty coffees, espresso, premium beer and wines
- 2,691 square feet of flexible, meeting and function space
- A 24-hour business center fully equipped with free wireless printers that can be used from anywhere in the hotel
- 24-hour StayFit Gym
- Outdoor pool with views to the marina
Hyatt Place La Paz is part of Hyatt’s loyalty program, Hyatt Gold Passport. Guests can earn Hyatt Gold Passport points and redeem for free night awards at more than 550 Hyatt hotels worldwide.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.