The Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts brand today announced the approval of its patent application for the WorkLife Room: the brand's 'guestroom of the future.'
The newly-patented concept is designed to help modern business travelers unleash their productivity and provide them with a space that fits their blended lifestyle.
The WorkLife Room was developed as part of the Crowne Plaza Accelerate program, IHG's $200 million, multi-year investment to transform the Crowne Plaza brand in the Americas region. Following the WorkLife Room's market debut in early 2017, the patent approval marks a major milestone in the brand's quest to bring innovative design to the fold for the modern business traveler.
With a flexible environment and distinct zones that encourage guests to work, relax and recharge, the key elements of WorkLife guestrooms include:
- Angled bed, which opens up more space for the room's distinct zones. The cocooning headboard, Beautyrest mattress, plush linens and Sleep Advantage® aromatherapy kit help guests rest.
- Sofa nook, a multi-purpose space for reading, watching TV, working, meeting with colleagues or kicking back with room service.
- Desk area, an uncluttered workspace where guests can focus.
- Welcome station, which gets guests settled with a space for keys, bags and coats.
- Bathroom, with modern and bright design to help guests feel re-energized by their routines.
Additionally, because connectivity is key for the modern traveler, the WorkLife Room delivers with fast, free Wi-Fi and enough charging stations – comprised of USB and power outlets – to power up to fourteen devices. Guests are never more than an arm's length away from a charging station and never have to move furniture to reach outlets.
Meredith Latham, Regional Vice President, Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts, Americas said: "The patent approval of the Crowne Plaza brand's WorkLife Room is a major distinction – one that speaks to the concept's ground-breaking design, and one that demonstrates how the Crowne Plaza brand is redefining what a hotel room can be."
The WorkLife Room is currently available in Crowne Plaza properties nationwide, including Crowne Plaza Atlanta Midtown; Crowne Plaza Downtown Denver; Crowne Plaza Farmington Hills - Novi; Crowne Plaza Cleveland at Playhouse Square; Crowne Plaza Suites Arlington - Ballpark - Stadium; and Crowne Plaza Springfield. Three thousand WorkLife Rooms are expected to be installed by early 2019, including the brand's first-ever flagship property in the Americas, Crowne Plaza Atlanta Perimeter at Ravinia.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.