- Events calendar helps Berlin break May performance records
- Bratislava rates reach May peak thanks to IIHF World Championship
Euro constant currency, May 2019 vs. May 2018
- Occupancy: +1.4% to 74.9%
- Average daily rate (ADR): +2.9% to EUR116.38
- Revenue per available room (RevPAR): +4.3% to EUR87.22
Local currency, May 2019 vs. May 2018
- Occupancy: +6.9% to 83.6%
- ADR: +8.2% to EUR108.14
- RevPAR: +15.6% to EUR90.37
The occupancy and ADR levels are the highest for any May in STR’s Berlin database. May also marked 12 consecutive months of positive year-over-year demand comparisons in the market. STR analysts note that multiple events helped Berlin push performance levels: Re:publica (6-8 May), Raw Materials Summit (20-22 May), 16th World Congress of the European Association for Palliative Care (23-25 May) and the Berlin E-Prix (25 May).
- Occupancy: +6.9% to 77.9%
- ADR: +83.3% to EUR132.15
- RevPAR: +95.9% to EUR102.95
The ADR level is the highest for any May in STR’s Bratislava database. STR analysts attribute the market’s performance to the IIHF World Championship. Semifinal and championship round games (25-26 May) produced double-digit increases in each of the three key performance metrics: occupancy (+30.7% to 90.6%), ADR (+210.7% to EUR195.25) and RevPAR (+304.5% to EUR176.83).
STR provides clients from multiple market sectors with premium, global data benchmarking, analytics and marketplace insights. Founded in 1985, STR maintains a presence in 10 countries around the world with a corporate North American headquarters in Hendersonville, Tennessee, and an international headquarters in London, England. For more information, please visit str.com.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.