Nominations are officially open for the Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International (HSMAI) Americas Lifetime Achievement and Top 25 Extraordinary Minds in Sales, Marketing, and Revenue Optimization awards. Honorees will be recognized during the HSMAI Adrian Awards Dinner Reception & Gala on January 21, 2020, at the New York Marriott Marquis.
HSMAI’s Albert E. Koehl Award for Lifetime Achievement in Hospitality Marketing, Winthrop W. Grice Award for Lifetime Achievement in Hospitality Public Relations, and Lifetime Achievement Award in Hospitality Sales recognize hospitality professionals who have dedicated their careers to the hospitality and travel industry. These leaders continually strive for betterment and progress of the industry in a lasting way, over an extended period of time.
Nominations for these awards can be made by visiting HSMAI’s Adrian Awards. The HSMAI Lifetime Awards Committee, which comprises previous recipients, will review all nominations and select this year’s winners.
In 2018, Harris Rosen, president and CEO, Rosen Hotels & Resorts, was honored with the Albert E. Koehl Award. Steve Bartolin, chairman, The Broadmoor, received the Winthrop W. Grice Award. In addition, Stephen Powell, retired senior vice president of worldwide sales, InterContinental Hotels Group, received the inaugural Lifetime Achievement Award in Hospitality Sales.
“Much of our success is owed to the seasoned hospitality leaders who continually navigate an increasingly complicated and ever-changing industry with grace and wisdom,” said Robert A. Gilbert, CHME, CHBA, president and CEO of HSMAI. “On behalf of the HSMAI Lifetime Awards Committee, I encourage hospitality professionals from all areas to nominate experienced tourism professionals who have positively impacted the field.”
HSMAI is also now accepting nominations for the Lifetime Achievement in Sales Award recognizing significant accomplishments in hospitality sales over a notable length of time. This award will be recognized at the HSMAI Sales Leader Forum, November 5-6, at the Westin Stonebriar Hotel and Golf Club in Frisco, Texas. Submit your nominations today by visiting HSMAI Americas 2019 Award for Lifetime Achievement in Sales nomination form.
In addition to the Lifetime Achievement awards, HSMAI is seeking nominations for its Top 25 Extraordinary Minds in Hospitality Sales, Marketing, and Revenue Optimization program, which honors exceptional sales and marketing and revenue optimization leaders of hospitality, travel, and tourism organizations for their achievements in the preceding 18 months.
Nominations can be made at HSMAI’s Adrian Awards Top 25 until August 22, 2019.
Top 25 recipients will be selected by a wide panel of experienced industry executives based on the creativity and innovation of their cutting-edge sales, marketing or revenue optimization campaigns, and their ability to overcome challenging situations, resulting in successful sales gains.
“It is an honor to celebrate top-performing hospitality leaders who have out-of-the-box ideas and continually achieve impressive results,” Gilbert said. “HSMAI’s Top 25 award recipients are an inspiration to professionals across the hospitality industry.”
HSMAI will honor the Top 25 in conjunction with the Adrian Awards Dinner Reception & Gala on January 21, 2020, and in a private ceremony.
The following comprise the 2018 Top 25 Extraordinary Minds:
- Jennifer Andre, senior director, North America & Latin America, Expedia Group Media Solutions
- Dustin Bomar, head of industry, travel, Google, Inc.
- Ronald Castro, chief strategist, Roca Marketing
- Chris Crenshaw, CRME, vice president of digital data solutions, STR
- Fred Dixon, president and CEO, NYC & Company
- David Downing, president of brand, United Landmark Associates
- Erica Doyne, vice president of marketing, AMResorts
- Gino Engels, co-founder and chief commercial officer, OTA Insight
- George Galinsky, senior vice president of marketing communications, Mohegan Gaming & Entertainment (MGE)
- Darren Green, senior vice president of sales, Los Angeles Tourism & Convention Board
- Chad Hallert, vice president of performance marketing, Nobel Studios
- Allison Handy, senior vice president of sales and marketing, Prism Hotels & Resorts
- Adam Hayashi, vice president of revenue management and business intelligence, AccorHotels North & Central America
- Carolyn Hosna, vice president of marketing, White Lodging
- Jay Hubbs, senior vice president of eCommerce and digital marketing, Remington Hotels
- Jodi Kern, senior director of digital merchandising, Marriott International
- Gil Langley, president and CEO, Amelia Island Convention & Visitors Bureau
- David Lorenz, vice president of Travel Michigan, Michigan Economic Development Corporation
- Sarah Murov, vice president of public relations and commercial communications, Loews Hotels & Company
- Leticia Proctor, senior vice president of sales, marketing, and revenue management, Donohoe Hospitality Services
- Julie Scott, president, Colwen Hotels
- Jim Struna, CRME, regional director of revenue management – eastern U.S. and Caribbean, Rosewood Hotel Group
- Matt Teixeira, director of sales, Best Western Hotels & Resorts
- Theresa Van Greunen, senior director of corporate communications, Aqua-Aston Hospitality
- Cherilyn Williams, director of global portfolio marketing, Marriott International
To learn more about last year’s Top 25 winners, visit Behind the HSMAI Top 25 2018.
The celebration of Adrian Award recipients, Lifetime Achievement winners, and Top 25 honorees will take place at the HSMAI Adrian Awards Dinner Reception & Gala, January 21, 2020, at the New York Marriott Marquis.
We appreciate the support of our generous sponsors. This year’s Adrian Awards Benefactor Partner is Facebook. Our 2019 Broadway Partners are Google, Hemsworth Communications, Ideas Collide, and Travel Click. Interested in becoming an Adrian Awards partner? Contact Elise Rhinehart at email@example.com.
To receive more information on the Top 25, contact Stacy Gleason at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on the Adrian Awards competition, please contact Ellen Wilson at email@example.com or visit the Adrian Awards online. To receive instant updates, follow the Adrian Awards’ Twitter and Instagram accounts.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.