Hotels in the Asia Pacific region reported mostly negative results in the three key performance metrics during November 2019, according to data from STR.
U.S. dollar constant currency, November 2019 vs. November 2018
- Occupancy: +0.5% to 72.5%
- Average daily rate (ADR): -2.2% to US$99.19
- Revenue per available room (RevPAR): -1.7% to US$71.95
Market Focus, Local Currency
- Occupancy: +16.1% to 85.4%
- Average daily rate (ADR): +4.3% to INR9,530.90
- Revenue per available room (RevPAR): +21.0% to INR8,141.73
The absolute occupancy level was the highest for a November in STR’s Mumbai database. STR analysts note that the calendar shift of the Diwali festival pushed more demand into November. The usual slowdown in corporate travel associated with the festival month occurred in October.
STR provides clients from multiple market sectors with premium, global data benchmarking, analytics and marketplace insights. Founded in 1985, STR maintains a presence in 10 countries around the world with a corporate North American headquarters in Hendersonville, Tennessee, and an international headquarters in London, England. For more information, please visit str.com.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.