Do these well-crafted messages fit in perfectly with your company's near and long term goals of enhancing your 3 Rs: Recognition, Relationships and Revenues? How and to whom are these PR messages being distributed? Are you getting the maximum bang for your marketing buck with newsworthy releases put in the right hands at just the right time or are you spinning your wheels, struggling to put out just a few weak, mostly self-serving press releases every year?
There's no doubt that these are soul-searching questions. If you're not sure exactly where your PR strategies or execution stands, then you're reading the right release. Read on ...
'The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. If you keep doing what you're doing, you'll keep getting what your getting - which can be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on what you're doing and getting on the PR front today,' said Marty Whitford, president of Anchor Marketing Inc., a Cleveland-based PR consultancy serving the hospitality industry for the past eight years.
Anchor Marketing has formulated the below five-minute quiz to help companies just like yours gauge their PR strategies and success. Do yourself a favor: Take the test and see if you're getting the good word out or if you might be better served teaming with a proven PR agency whose core business is knowing and growing your business.
Press Release Do's
1. Do you have at least 3 predetermined themes interwoven into all of your PR messages (i.e. top three bottom-line benefits of partnering with you, top three competitive differentiators, etc.)?
2. Do you follow Associated Press style so editors only have to make minimal changes to the copy?
3. Do you e-mail releases to get the news in the media targets' mailbox's faster, for free, and in a manner in which they can simply 'cut and paste' the news?
4. Do you have a corporate or agency contact listed at the top and bottom of each release?
5. Does each release have a hook - the critical 'what's in it for me' for the reader/sales prospect?
6. Does the news tie into a key industry trend or emerging issue and/or solution?
7. Does the message leave the reader wanting more?
Give yourself 1 point for each of the above 7 questions to which you answered a resounding 'yes' to.
Press Release Don'ts
1. Do you change font types and sizes, logo placement and formatting between releases?
2. Do you have typos and grammatical errors in any of the releases?
3. Do you fail to quote outside sources (industry consultants, hotels, groups, guests, etc.)?
4. Do you keep it short and simple?
5. Do you say the 'same old, same old,' the same old way?
6. Do you fail to have 1 to two press releases scheduled for launch every month?
7. Do you have hundreds of updated e-mails for targeted media and industry educators and consultants
as well as online posting on a leading industry news portal/e-zine?
Take away 1 point for each of the above 7 questions to which you can answer a 'yes' to.
If you scored a 5 or below total between the Press Release Dos and Don'ts, you should call Anchor Marketing today for an independent audit/assessment of your past press releases.
This evaluation costs just $1,000 (33% discount) now thru May 1, 2006. Or, if you're now saying 'enough is enough' and you're ready to turn over your PR to a proven industry performer, give us a call - and sooner than later because the clock is ticking fast on our March Madness 33% Discount (see below).
About Anchor Marketing
Anchor Marketing's talented team of former hospitality journalists turned Public Relations specialists know exactly what the media wants. As technology and general news editors, over the years we have crafted hundreds of articles for leading hospitality media including Hotel & Motel Management, Lodging Hospitality, AAHOA Lodging Business, Hospitality Upgrade, National Hotel Executive and HTrends to name just a few media. Anchor Marketing delivers unmatched content and contacts proven to save companies time and money, while increasing their returns on PR and MarCom campaigns exponentially. Dozens of companies just like yours have turned over their PR, copywriting/editing and graphic design needs to Anchor Marketing with enviable levels of satisfaction and success. By outsourcing your message creation and delivery to proven professionals such as Anchor Marketing, you can optimize the effectiveness of all of your marketing collateral - from press releases, case studies, product/service data sheets, newsletters and ads, to brochures, direct mailings, PowerPoint presentations and Web content.
33% Discount Thru May 1
Now through May Day (May 1, 2006), the company is offering 33% discounts on three bundled professional PR services packages covering message creation and distribution:
Gold Anchor PR Package
* 24 press releases PLUS complimentary electronic distribution to hundreds of hospitality media, educators, consultants and targeted national and local medial, PLUS FREE postings on www.hotelnewsresource.com;
* 3 case studies, 5 product/service datasheets, 2 ads and 4 quarterly e-newsletters
Discounted Offer: $2,000 per month x 12 months or $10,000 down first month, $1,000 each of 11 following months (save an additional $3,000).
Silver Anchor PR Package
* 18 press releases PLUS e-distribution and hotelnewsresource.com postings;
* 3 case studies and 2 ads
Discounted Offer: $1,250 per month x 12 months or $7,500 down first month, $500 each of 11 following months (save an additional $2,000).
Bronze Anchor PR Package
* 12 press releases PLUS e-distribution and hotelnewsresource.com postings;
* 1 case study and 1 ad
Discounted Offer: $1,000 per month x 12 months or $5,000 down first month, $500 each of 11 following months (save an additional $1,500).
Call Anchor Marketing today at 440-823-7194 to receive references from clients and media and samples of work. The 33% discount on bundled PR services packages expires May 1.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.