UK-based Fowler is strategic account director for Pegasus Solutions and, until her appointment to the vice president slot, was a Board Member at Large. At Pegasus, Fowler is responsible for commercial and business development for its partners with a focus on increasing productivity through the use of CRS, electronic distribution, e-commerce and representation. A 32-year veteran of the hospitality industry, Fowler has chaired the Association's Membership Committee as well as serving as EMEA liaison representative.
Jennifer Riesselman is manager, Global eDistribution for Carlson Hotels Worldwide, where she is responsible for working with GDS and third party websites as well as Carlson's own branded websites. She is a former co-chair of HEDNA's Standards Committee and has played an active role in the Association since 2002. Riesselman brings 22 years of hospitality experience to her Board position.
"We are pleased to have Sarah move into the vice president slot, which recently opened up, and to have Jennifer join the Board as Member at Large," says Melanie Ryan, president of HEDNA. "HEDNA's Board is ready to tackle the challenges ahead for the electronic distribution industry and is eager to help the industry build on its successes. HEDNA recognizes that the current economy is extremely unsettling. The Association will do its utmost to give its members the tools and information they need to ride out the storm."
Here's the complete roster of the HEDNA's 2009 Board:
• Melanie Ryan of Orbitz Worldwide - President
• Sarah Fowler of Pegasus Solutions -- Vice President
• Keith Harrison of Travelport GDS - Treasurer
• Edward Perry of WORLDHOTELS- Secretary
• Keith Cotton of Hotel Booking Solutions - Board Member at Large
• Philippe Garnier of Hilton International - Board Member at Large
• Nancy Little of Intercontinental Hotels Group - Board Member at Large
• Puneet Mahindroo of Taj Hotels, Resorts and Palaces - Board Member at Large
• Louise Meyer of VFM Leonardo - Board Member at Large
• Duane Overgaard of Sabre Travel Network - Board Member at Large
• Jennifer Reisselman of Carlson Hotels Worldwide -- Board Member at Large
• Pam Streeter - Board Member at Large
• Alison Velez of Wyndham Hotel Group - Board Member at Large
The Hotel Electronic Distribution Network Association (HEDNA) is a not-for-profit trade association whose worldwide membership includes executives and managers from over 200 of the most influential companies in the hotel distribution industry. Founded in 1991, all of HEDNA's activities are intended to stimulate the booking of hotel rooms through the use of GDS, the Internet and other electronic means. HEDNA brings all segments of the hotel industry together to evolve systems and services into electronic distribution that is easy and efficient. Additional information on HEDNA is available by calling +1 202-204-8400 or by visiting www.hedna.org.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.