Yesterday, at the UP 2010 Cloud Computing Conference, PwC US and Cloudcor, Inc. announced the four winners of the UP 2010 Cloud Computing Awards, recognizing leadership in the field. UP 2010 is a premiere cloud computing event that brings together business leaders, IT professionals and investors in a unique forum designed to showcase innovative cloud computing technologies and companies. PwC was a Platinum Sponsor for the UP 2010 Cloud Computing Conference and the Cloud Computing Awards. The opening day of the conference featured a keynote speech from PwC’s US cloud computing leader, Mike Pearl.
Out of more than 150 submissions and 25 finalists, four companies were selected as the winners of the UP 2010 Cloud Computing Awards:
- Fastest Growing Cloud Provider Award
Judge's Choice Award - ServiceMesh, Inc.
- Efficiency in Technology Award
Judge's Choice Award - Amazon Web Services
- Most Promising UP-START Cloud Provider Award
Judge's Choice Award – StorSimple
- Overall Most Innovative Cloud Provider Award
Judge's Choice Award - BeyondCore
“PwC is dedicated to the support and encouragement of new technologies, particularly in the field of cloud computing,” said Mike Pearl, PwC principal and US cloud computing leader. “The UP 2010 Cloud Computing Awards provide participants with an opportunity to demonstrate their capabilities and earn recognition from their peers in the marketplace. We are honored to help facilitate that process.”
Award submissions were judged by a panel of twelve members representing experts in the field and recognized leaders in technology:
- Kerry Bailey, SVP & Chief Marketing Officer, Verizon
- Dave Bartoletti, Expert Analyst, Taneja Group
- Vinod Baya, Center for Technology & Innovation Director, PwC
- Peter Bell, General Partner, Highland Capital Partners
- Sheryl Chamberlain, Senior Director-Technology Alliances, EMC Corp.
- Robert Duffner, Director-Product Management for Windows Azure, Microsoft
- Jay Fry, VP Marketing-Cloud Computing, CA Technologies
- Avery Lyford, Partner, Blueprint Growth Partners
- Nitin Narkhede, General Manager-Technology Strategy & Innovation, Wipro Technologies
- Jay Noble, Director of Cloud Computing-Americas, CSC
- Mark Smith, CEO & EVP Research, Ventana Research
- Glenn Soloman, Partner, GGV Capital
Registration for the remainder of the virtual event is available via the UP 2010 conference site at: http://up-con.com/register.
About the PwC network
PwC firms provide industry-focused assurance, tax and advisory services to enhance value for their clients. More than 161,000 people in 154 countries in firms across the PwC network share their thinking, experience and solutions to develop fresh perspectives and practical advice. See www.pwc.com for more information.
About UP 2010
UP 2010™ (15 - 19 November 2010), is the world's first truly "hybrid" cloud computing conference for business leaders, IT professionals and investors. UP 2010 is an affordable "hybrid" conference with both physical locations and full virtual deployment. Conference attendees will be able to attend in person, online or any combination of the two and will immensely benefit from thought provoking conference panels, collaborative workshops, and tutorials, which are selected to cover a range of the hottest topics in Cloud Computing. The conference agenda can be viewed at http://up-con.com/content/program.
About Cloudcor Inc.™
Cloudcor Inc. provides industry leaders and professionals insights into leading edge conferences, research, analysis and commentary, as well as providing a platform to network with leading experts in the cloud computing and IT industry. Cloudcor Inc. also offers project, implementation, and industry-focused services to support customers and business partners. Additionally, Cloudcor Inc. provides knowledge transfer to help deploy cloud computing solutions on your own, customized off-the-shelf solutions technology, delivery of a ready-to-use enterprise system, as well as a range of other services to meet your needs. Additional information about Cloudcor Inc. can be found via website at http://www.cloudcor.com.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.