The Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International (HSMAI) opens its call for entries today, July 16, 2012, for its 56th annual Adrian Awards, which recognize notable travel advertising, digital marketing and public relations work.
“The Adrian Awards are a way to recognize the best of the best in the promotion of the travel industry,” said Robert A. Gilbert, CHME, CHBA, president and CEO of HSMAI. “Our panel of judges is looking for the most creative, forward-thinking campaigns year-after-year, and we’re always inspired by what our colleagues are doing in advertising, digital marketing and public relations. When it comes to creativity, it’s time for everyone, no matter how big or small, to compete on a level playing field.”
Continuing in the tradition of the Adrian Awards, the competition is comprised of multiple categories in three entry divisions: Advertising, Digital Marketing and Public Relations.
Additionally, the HSMAI Adrian Awards specialty awards include:
- American Express Loyalty Award – for demonstrating creativity for the loyalty concept, clarity of outreach and sustainability of the loyalty concept beyond an advertised campaign
- Leader in Sustainable Tourism Award, presented in conjunction with National Geographic Traveler – for exemplary leadership and innovation in preserving and communicating an authentic sense of place through a wisely-managed tourism program
- The 'World Is Your Oyster' Award: Presented by Oyster.com, the Hotel Tell-All – recognizing the best use of rich media to inspire travelers with accurate depictions of the unique beauty, personality, style or culture of a destination or hotel
- TravelClick eMarketer of the Year – recognizing the best integrated eMarketing program in the hotel industry
- Lifetime Achievement Awards – annual award given to two individuals recognizing their advertising, marketing and public relations excellence throughout their careers
- The HSMAI Top 25 Most Extraordinary Minds in Sales and Marketing, honoring the best sales and marketing professionals in the hospitality, travel and tourism industries.
Entry submission for award consideration is handled entirely online. Entrants must complete a statement of communication and submit supporting creative materials for each entry. For complete information on submitting entries, please visit www.adrianawards.com. The early deadline for entries is September 10, 2012, and the final deadline is Sept. 17, 2012.
Winners of the Adrian Awards will join the ranks of recent top honorees, including last year’s Best of Show winners:
- Advertising “Best of Show” – Hilton HHonors Loyalty Program and its agency Publicis for their "Experiences Worth Sharing" campaign
- Public Relations “Best of Show” - Kerzner International – Atlantis Hotel, Paradise Island and its agency Laura Davidson Public Relations for the CRUSH Grand Opening
- Digital Marketing “Best of Show” – InterContinental Hotels Group for its "Concierge Insider Guides" iPad App
All 2012 winners will be honored at the Annual Adrian Awards Dinner Reception and Gala on Jan. 28, 2013. The black tie event will take place at the New York Marriott Marquis. Winning entries will also be recognized on the Adrian Awards website in the winner’s gallery as well as in a special issue of the HSMAI Marketing Review.
“We are proud to have the greatest staff working on the greatest clients in the industry,” said agency Chairman Lou Hammond of Lou Hammond & Associates on winning 23 HSMAI Adrian Awards in 2011. “This recognition is even more meaningful in that it comes from our peers. We salute our industry and colleagues.”
Entries for the HSMAI Adrian Awards are judged by a panel of more than 200 advertising, digital marketing and public relations experts, as well as leading members of the travel community. Industry professionals can apply to join the judging panel by contacting HSMAI at AdrianAwards@hsmai.org or 703-506-3297.
For more information on the Adrian Awards competition please contact Ellen Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org, email AdrianAwards@hsmai.org, visit http://www.adrianawards.com, or follow Adrian Awards news on Twitter at www.twitter.com/AdrianAwards. For information on becoming an Adrian Awards partner, contact Emi Haverkamp at 703-506-3297 or email@example.com.
The Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International (HSMAI) is committed to growing business for hotels and their partners, and is the industry’s leading advocate for intelligent, sustainable hotel revenue growth. The association provides hotel professionals & their partners with tools, insights, and expertise to fuel sales, inspire marketing, and optimize revenue through programs such as HSMAI’s MEET, Adrian Awards, andRevenue Optimization Conference. HSMAI is an individual membership organization comprising more than 7,000 members worldwide, with 40 chapters in the Americas Region. Connect with HSMAI at www.hsmai.org,www.facebook.com/hsmai, www.twitter.com/hsmai and www.youtube.com/hsmai1.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.