Key insights from HotStats 2013: UK, Europe & MENA Hotel Industry Report include:
- A remarkable year for London as hotels benefit from the London 2012 Olympics and posted a third consecutive year of annual growth in profit per room;
- Provincial hoteliers experienced a fifth consecutive year of profit decline.
- Moscow hotels increase revenue and profit performance as corporate travel continues to grow since the recession;
- Mixed results in Spain’s two main cities as Barcelona experienced an increase and Madrid a decrease in gross operating profit performance.
- A strong pick-up in visitor levels to Cairo in the latter part of 2012 underpinned notable revenue growth for hotels in Egypt’s capital;
- Dubai’s burgeoning reputation as a business and tourism destination continues as upscale hotels achieved occupancy approaching 80 per cent, and 15 per cent increase in gross operating performance despite increases in supply.
- Warsaw’s strength of demand during the summer month’s during the UEFA EURO 2012 undoubtedly contributed to a year-on-year increase in profit per available room of approximately 16 per cent.
- As a result of the superior room revenue performance and efficient cost management, hotels in Munich recorded an impressive 11.9 per cent increase in profit levels to €54.88 from €49.05 per available room in 2011.
Click here ( Adobe Acrobat PDF file) to download the complete article.
TRI Hospitality Consulting provides a wide range of services to clients in the hotel sector. It has offices in London, Dubai and Madrid.
For more information contact:
Jonathan Langston, managing director 020 7892 2201
David Bailey, deputy managing director 020 7892 2202
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.