The Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International (HSMAI) today opened its call for entries for the 57th annual Adrian Awards, the world’s largest and most prestigious travel marketing competition. The Awards honor noteworthy travel marketing achievements in advertising, digital marketing and public relations.
“The Adrian Awards is one of our most exciting events,” said Robert A. Gilbert, CHME, CHBA, president and CEO of HSMAI. “Each year, we’re astounded by the way the industry is evolving and the campaigns these incredible teams initiate to move their brands and clients forward when it comes to advertising, digital marketing and public relations.”
As in past years, prizes are awarded in multiple categories across three divisions: Advertising, Digital Marketing and Public Relations. All entries are eligible to win at the Bronze, Silver and Gold levels. Platinum winners are selected as the most extraordinary entrants from the field of Gold winners, and the highest distinction – “Best of Show” – is granted to the top Platinum winners.
Additionally, this year’s specialty awards include:
- American Express Loyalty Award – for demonstrating creativity for the loyalty concept, clarity of outreach and sustainability of the concept beyond an advertised campaign
- Leader in Sustainable Tourism Award, presented in conjunction with National Geographic Traveler – for exemplary leadership and innovation in preserving and communicating an authentic sense of place through a wisely-managed tourism program
- TravelClick eMarketer of the Year – recognizing the best integrated eMarketing program in the hotel industry
Furthermore, HSMAI will announce the Albert E. Koehl and Winthrop W. Grice Lifetime Achievement Awards. The namesake awards are given to two individuals who have achieved advertising, marketing and public relations excellence throughout their careers. HSMAI will also name its annual list of the Top 25 Most Extraordinary Minds in Sales and Marketing, which celebrates the best sales and marketing professionals in the hospitality, travel and tourism industries.
Entry & Judging Process
The early deadline for entries is Sept. 9, 2013, and the final deadline is Sept. 16, 2013. All entries for award consideration must be entered and submitted online. Entrants must submit creative materials related to each entry and complete a statement of communication outlining campaign objectives, key messages and results, among other campaign elements. For complete submission guidelines and information, please visit www.adrianawards.com.
More than 200 advertising, digital marketing and public relations experts and leading members of the travel industry act as judges for the HSMAI Adrian Awards. Professionals may apply for membership on the judging panel by contacting HSMAI at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-506-3297.
Adrian Awards Dinner Reception & Gala
The annual black tie Gala will be held Feb. 24, 2014, at the New York Marriott Marquis where all 2013 winners will be honored, including special recognition for Gold winners during the Gold Gallery Dinner Reception co-sponsored by Expedia Media Solutions. Winning entries will also be recognized on the Adrian Awards website in the winner’s gallery as well as in a special issue of the HSMAI Marketing Review.
Winners of the Adrian Awards will become part of a select group of outstanding campaigns including last year’s “Best of Show” winners:
- Advertising “Best of Show” – Museum of Fine Arts St. Petersburg and its agency Paradise Communications, Digital & Entertainment for their “Bulletins” campaign
- Advertising “Best of Show” – Hilton Worldwide and its agency Publicis Kaplan Thaler for the HHonors campaign
- Digital Marketing “Best of Show” – Expedia Media Solutions for its Facebook FriendTrips campaign
- Public Relations “Best of Show” – Denihan Hospitality Group / Affinia Hotels and its agency Quinn & Co. Public Relations for its “Affinia Hotels Tender Loving Comfort®” campaign
For more information on the Adrian Awards competition please contact Ellen Wilson at email@example.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org, visit http://www.adrianawards.com, or follow Adrian Awards news on Twitter at www.twitter.com/adrianawards. For information on becoming an Adrian Awards partner, contact Emi Haverkamp at 703-506-3297 or email@example.com.
The Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International (HSMAI) is committed to growing business for hotels and their partners, and is the industry’s leading advocate for intelligent, sustainable hotel revenue growth. The association provides hotel professionals & their partners with tools, insights, and expertise to fuel sales, inspire marketing, and optimize revenue through programs such as HSMAI’s MEET, Adrian Awards, and Revenue Optimization Conference. HSMAI is an individual membership organization comprising more than 7,000 members worldwide, with 40 chapters in the Americas Region. Connect with HSMAI at www.hsmai.org, www.facebook.com/hsmai, www.twitter.com/hsmai andwww.youtube.com/hsmai1.
Lindsay Stout, Edelman, 214-443-7586, firstname.lastname@example.org
Natalie Wilson, Edelman, 214-443-7588, email@example.com
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.