The Cornell Institute for Hospitality Labor and Employment Relations (CIHLER) at theCornell University School of Hotel Administration is pleased to announce the members of its executive advisory board. This diverse group—with individuals representing labor/unions, hospitality management, and neutral viewpoints—will provide advice and recommendations to help shape the direction of the institute and improve hospitality labor relations.
“We established CIHLER with the goal of creating a forum where unions and management could work together to modernize the industry in ways that benefit both capital and labor,” said Dave Sherwyn, director of CIHLER. “The members of our executive advisory board bring the expertise and viewpoints necessary to drive this kind of innovation forward.”
CIHLER executive advisory board members:
• Maria Elena Durazo, Executive Secretary-Treasurer, Los Angeles County Federation of Labor, AFL-CIO
• D. Taylor, President, UNITE HERE!
• John Ceriale P'16, President and Founder, Prospect Advisors
• Nancy Lee, Senior Vice President and Deputy General Counsel, Marriott International, Inc.
• Rod DeArment, Senior Counsel and Partner, Covington & Burling LLP
• Wilma Liebman, Past Chairman National Labor Relations Board and Senior Lecturer, School of Law and ILR School, Cornell University
• Martin F. Scheinman '75, MS '76, Esq., Arbitrator/Mediator
• Richard W. Hurd, Associate Dean for External Relations and Professor of Industrial and Labor Relations, School of Industrial & Labor Relations, and Associate Director of CIHLER, Cornell University
• Michael Johnson, Dean and E.M. Statler Professor, School of Hotel Administration, Cornell University
• Harry Katz, Kenneth F. Kahn Dean and Jack Sheinkman Professor, School of Industrial and Labor Relations, Cornell University
• Stewart Schwab, Allan R. Tessler Dean and Professor of Law, Cornell Law School
• Dave Sherwyn '86, JD '89, John and Melissa Ceriale Professor of Hospitality Human Resources and Director of CIHLER
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.