Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) and First Hospitality Group, Inc. today announce the opening of Hyatt Place Champaign/Urbana. As the first Hyatt-branded hotel to open in downtown Champaign, Hyatt Place Champaign/Urbana is a refreshing new choice for University of Illinois visitors, as well as business and leisure travelers alike.
“As Champaign continues to grow, we are excited to add to the momentum by welcoming the first Hyatt Place hotel to the city,” said Victor Patterson, general manager, Hyatt Place Champaign/Urbana. “Hyatt Place Champaign/Urbana is located in a very desirable area, and we’re looking forward to creating a positive travel experience for each and every guest that walks through our doors. The Hyatt Place brand was designed for a lifestyle, not a demographic, and as a result, we are confident that everyone from business travelers to students’ parents will appreciate the open, intuitive design, casual atmosphere and practical amenities, such as free Wi-Fi and 24-hour food offerings.”
Located at the intersection of Neil Street and Church Street in Champaign’s vibrant downtown area, Hyatt Place Champaign/Urbana is conveniently situated steps from 36 different restaurants and bars and popular attractions such as the Virginia Theatre. The hotel is minutes from the University of Illinois campus, and is the Official Hotel Partner of Fighting Illini Athletics.
Hyatt Place Champaign/Urbana offers:
- 145 roomy rooms, all of which feature a swiveling 42-inch HDTV, the plush Hyatt Grand Bed® and Cozy Corner sectional sofa
- Free Wi-Fi everywhere
- Complimentary a.m. Kitchen Skillet TM breakfast for guests, featuring freshly prepared breakfast sandwiches, a variety of fresh fruits, hot and cold cereal, yogurt, breads, premium coffee and an assortment of juices
- 3,200 square feet of flexible, high-tech meeting/function space
- 24/7 Gallery Menu serving made-to-order entrees and appetizers around the clock
- A Coffee to Cocktails Bar featuring specialty coffees and premium beers, as well as wines and cocktails
Hyatt Place Champaign/Urbana is under the leadership of General Manager Victor Patterson and Director of Sales Caitlyn Mooney. In his role, Patterson is directly responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the hotel, including overseeing the hotel’s 50 associates and ensuring guests encounter the purposeful service for which Hyatt Place is known. Mooney is responsible for providing sales service and support to travelers and meeting planners frequenting the Champaign area.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.