BridgeStreet Global Hospitality released the results of a worldwide survey of more than 640 recent guests at the Serviced Apartments Summit this year, revealing an overwhelmingly positive sentiment toward blending business travel with leisure, dubbed 'bleisure.' BridgeStreet is the leading international solution for serviced apartment experiences with more than 50,000 locations in over 60 countries.
Discussed during "The Bleisure Principle" panel at the annual Serviced Apartments Summit, Kelly Murphy, BridgeStreet vice president of marketing, noted, "Employees feel bleisure opportunities benefit them and add value to work assignments, contributing to higher job satisfaction and loyalty." Murphy continues, "The majority of our guests surveyed have taken bleisure trips before, also noting they are equally or more likely to blend business and leisure travel in the future compared to five years ago. Emerging trends are important for the serviced apartment industry to not only be aware of, but to leverage, as our products benefit the needs of both the business and leisure guest."
Additional findings from BridgeStreet's Annual International Bleisure Survey show:
- 83% of respondents use free time on business trips to explore the city they're visiting
- The majority of respondents (60%) have taken bleisure trips, with most adding two vacation days to business trips
- The three most popular bleisure activities are: 1.) Sightseeing, 2.) Dining and 3.) Arts/Culture
- 96% of respondents believe they gain cultural experience/knowledge through bleisure trips
- More than half of bleisure travelers bring their family members or significant other with them
- 78% of respondents agree that adding leisure days to business travel adds value to work assignments
- 94% of younger travelers (under 35) are "more than" or "equally" likely to take a bleisure trip in the next five years -- significantly higher than the worldwide average at 60%
With more than 50,000 apartments in over 60 countries, BridgeStreet Global Hospitality meets every need, whether guests plan to stay three days, three weeks or three years. BridgeStreet's family of brands includes six-star Exclusive, five-star Residences, four-star ApartHotels and Living, three-star Places and two-star Studyo offering the convenience of apartment living with a variety of service packages to offer each guest options based on location, price point and individual needs.
*The BridgeStreet Annual International' Bleisure Survey was sent to randomly-selected previous guests who visited a BridgeStreet location between January and June 2014. Respondents answered questions about their experiences with and preferences for blending business and leisure travel.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.