Today Wyndham Hotel Group unveiled outstanding 2015 growth with the opening of 38 hotels and the addition of 5,089 rooms in Latin America and the Caribbean, a 90% increase versus the year before. The company’s system size in the region expanded to more than 18,917 rooms across 157 properties.
“2015 was a record breaking year for Wyndham Hotel Group in Latin America and the Caribbean, we opened more hotel rooms, introduced more new brands and experienced the largest growth in Wyndham Rewards membership than ever before,” said Paulo Pena, president and managing director for Wyndham Hotel Group in Latin America and the Caribbean. “The strength of our portfolio in the region resonates among our partners, global travelers and sets a solid foundation for our continued growth.”
With the introduction of four new brands to five countries, visitors across Latin America and the Caribbean have more options to experience travel the way they want from Wyndham Hotel Group’s exceptional service and accommodations at its upscale brands, to the comfort, value and efficiency of its midscale and economy brands.
- Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®, the company’s flagship brand, arrived in Argentina and Brazil. Wyndham Nordelta Tigre became the 35th Argentinian hotel in the company’s portfolio. In Brazil, Wyndham Pratagy Beach Resort became the first mixed-use property in the region, opened in collaboration with sister company Wyndham Vacation Ownership, leveraging the scale of Wyndham Worldwide, one of the world’s largest hospitality companies.
- TRYP by Wyndham®, worldwide known for its “Own the City” service culture, was introduced in Mexico and Puerto Rico. The new TRYP by Wyndham Mexico City World Trade Center Area, is located just steps from Mexico City’s World Trade Center; while TRYP by Wyndham Isla Verde, with views of the beach, is close to the historic sites of Old San Juan, Puerto Rico.
Dedicated to the modern traveler and a much loved brand in Brazil, Wyndham brought TRYP by Wyndham to Sao Paulo’s Guarulhos Airport providing a perfect option for international travelers. As the first and only hotel in the Southern Hemisphere located inside an airport terminal, the hotel offers guests a unique and exciting place to stay or just freshen up during a layover.
- Midscale brand Baymont Inn & Suites® debuted with the opening of Baymont Inn & Suites Lázaro Cárdenas in Mexico. The new hotel is the 400th hotel in the world under this brand, which experienced outstanding global growth in 2015 with 50 openings.
- The company’s economy brand, Days Inn®, arrived in Guatemala. Located in the center of Zona Viva, Days Inn Hotel Zona Viva Guatemala City is the perfect location for business travelers and tourists.
- Wyndham Hotel Group announced its entry to Barbados with the managed 450-room Sam Lord’s Castle Barbados, A Wyndham Grand Resort. Located on the gorgeous beaches of Long Bay, the hotel will be the second Wyndham Grand® hotel in the region and accelerates the growth of the company’s managed portfolio.
Wyndham Rewards® Sees Aggressive Growth in the Region
Proving that Wyndham Rewards is simply more rewarding, membership in the award-winning loyalty program doubled in the region since its re-launch in May. Bolstered by an integrated marketing campaign across digital platforms, airports and key airline partners, as well as the program’s first pan-regional TV advertising campaign, Wyndham Rewards shared its core message of being the world’s simplest, generous, and most attainable loyalty program in the world and is set to continue its record growth in 2016.
About Wyndham Hotel Group
Wyndham Hotel Group is the world’s largest hotel company based on number of hotels and is one of three hospitality business units of Wyndham Worldwide (NYSE: WYN). As both a leading hotel brand franchisor and hotel management services provider, the company’s global portfolio consists of over 7,800 properties and 678,000 rooms in 72 countries under the following brands: Dolce Hotels and Resorts®, Wyndham Grand®, Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®, Wyndham Garden® Hotels, TRYP by Wyndham®, Wingate by Wyndham®, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham®, Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham®, Ramada®, Baymont Inn & Suites®, Days Inn®, Super 8®, Howard Johnson®, Travelodge® and Knights Inn®.Wyndham Rewards, the company’s guest loyalty program, offers more than 44 million members the opportunity to earn and redeem points at thousands of hotels across the world. For more information, visit www.wyndhamworldwide.com.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.