Our latest Global Travel Insights report is live and we have a whole host of new, fresh travel trends and advice for turning those data points into actionable takeaways for your marketing campaigns. This quarter weve expanded some of our data sets, looking more into travelers timing habits - both when they book and when the depart - as well as more year-over-year and quarter-over-quarter trends.
Heres seven of the hundred stats in our latest report that can help you understand travelers, travel trends, and how to market to them:
1. Copa America is a huge success not only for soccer fans, but also for any host city - each of which have seen an increase in bookings year over year during Copa:
San Francisco +21%
Understanding what draw in tourists, and targeting to them specifically, is key to taking the most advantage out of local events, like Copa games.
2. Colombia and the EU lifted visa restrictions and Colombian travelers are taking to the skies: Colombias have a 131% increase in searches for flights to Europe with a 42% increase in bookings.
If youre a European travel marketer, youve just been given a whole new, and very interested, market to target.
3. 22% of EU short-haul trips are for groups of 3 or morelooks like lots of family summer travel is ahead for Europe.
4. 46% of Middle East & Africas short-haul trips are for 12 days or more. Offering 7th night free deals to a market already looking for a long stay wont be the most effective strategy.
5. For Singapore Formula One Grand Prix, Singapore is showing an increase in East Asian travel intent of 104% the week of the race compared to the week before. Knowing your biggest markets help you spend your time and resources more effectively.
6. For the month of July, Israel and Morocco are showing year-over-year increase in travel of 24% and 30%, respectively, for global travelers. Knowing what markets are rising and falling out of favor allows you plan your marketing campaigns strategically.
7. Only 9% of North American short-haul trips are planned on SundaysTuesdays and Wednesdays see the most planning at 18% each. Plan your marketing efforts accordingly.
Looking for more information about your market? Download the report.
Catlyn is Sojern's Content Marketing Manager. She loves playing video games and hiking with her dog, Dottie. Her favorite part of travel is the food, preferring street food to fine dining.
Sojern is travel's leading data-driven performance marketing engine. Through its Sojern Traveler Platform and billions of traveler intent signals across online and mobile channels, Sojern puts more heads in beds and travelers in towns for its clients worldwide. Currently one of the fastest growing travel tech companies, Sojern works with top travel brands and independent hotels in North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East & Africa and Asia-Pacific. The company is headquartered in San Francisco, with key offices in Dubai, London, New York, Omaha and Singapore. For more information, please visit www.sojern.com.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.