Cathay Pacific Airways and Hyatt unveiled today specially designed menus by chefs at Park Hyatt Chicago and Park Hyatt New York for Cathay Pacific passengers. The global collaboration, which was announced in June, marks the most expansive inflight dining experience of its kind for both Cathay Pacific and Hyatt and also includes menus designed by chefs from Grand Hyatt Hong Kong, Park Hyatt Milan and Park Hyatt Zurich. Park Hyatt Toronto will also be participating in the collaboration in the coming months with a specially crafted menu.
"At Cathay Pacific, we are committed to offering passengers the highest quality products and services, as well as a memorable inflight dining experience," said Aaron Claxton, Cathay Pacific head of catering. "We are delighted to team up with Hyatt and its award-winning restaurants to create a set of exciting new inflight menus for our passengers flying to various destinations around the world. This marks the first time we have forged a global collaboration with a world-renowned hotel brand to enhance the overall inflight dining experience for our passengers, helping them to live a life well traveled."
The menus born from this collaboration have been designed to reflect the contemporary traveler's desire for new culinary adventures that enhance their inflight experiences and acknowledge their status as international jetsetters and frequent business travelers. Cathay Pacific's First and Business Class passengers departing from Chicago and New York to Hong Kongwill have the opportunity to enjoy signature dishes from the following restaurants and chefs:
Chef Sebastien Archambault - Park Hyatt New York (Now – October 16)
Select menu items include:
- Chilled Maine Lobster, cucumber, sour cream, fennel pollen
- Saffron poached lobster, mizuna salad, carrot-ginger vinaigrette, shaved vegetable crudité, sunflower seeds
- BBQ brined short ribs, parsnip puree, charred kale & leek, smoked sweet pepper
- Wild mushroom stuffed chicken breast, pommes aligot, pearl onions, maitake, chicken jus, wilted spinach
Chef Edward Sura - NoMI Kitchen, Park Hyatt Chicago (Now – October 16)
Select menu items include:
- Vanilla perfumed lobster, confit yellow pepper, mango agar, sweet pickle jalapeno and cilantro pistou
- Olive oil poached lobster, Werp Farm greens, grapefruit segments, shaved fennel crudité and Champagne vinaigrette
- Pan-seared Miller's Farm chicken, kohlrabi and Yukon potato ragout, olives, sautéed baby vegetables
- Braised beef cheeks, green pea puree, confit celeriac root, sautéed chanterelle mushrooms and natural beef jus
"At the heart of the Hyatt brand is a passion for food and beverage excellence to offer our guests authentic dining experiences that are truly unforgettable," said Peter Roth, vice president of operational experiences, Hyatt. "Our collaboration with Cathay Pacific combines the best of two worlds – Hyatt's commitment to memorable dining experiences and Cathay Pacific's unrivaled travel experiences across international destinations."
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.