Tribute Portfolio, part of Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR), today announced its debut in New Mexico with the addition of La Posada de Santa Fe, a Tribute Portfolio Resort & Spa. More a village than typical hotel, La Posada de Santa Fe features 157 unique guestrooms, each decorated in a distinctive Southwestern style but with no two rooms designed the same. The property stands out as an artful resort in the nation's oldest capital, featuring authentic adobe-style architecture, inviting accommodations, award-winning service and diverse dining options.
"The renowned architecture and landscape of Santa Fe provide a perfect backdrop for our first Tribute Portfolio resort in the American Southwest," said Lori Strasberg, VP Global Brand Management for Tribute Portfolio. "La Posada de Santa Fe is an ideal fit for the brand, providing guests with a true sense of place, an immersion in local art and a decidedly independent experience in a remarkable destination."
Nestled on six sprawling acres in the heart of Santa Fe, just steps from the historic downtown plaza and Canyon Road, La Posada de Santa Fe, A Tribute Portfolio Resort & Spa, is known as "The Art Hotel of Santa Fe" for its historic role in exhibiting the work of local artists long before any galleries were established. Today, La Posada de Santa Fe maintains a professionally curated gallery of inspiring American art. Channeling the spirit of the Southwest, these pieces -- each offered for sale at the hotel -- complement the rustic charm of the resort and add authenticity to each guest's Santa Fe experience.
In addition to the gallery of Southwestern art, guests have the opportunity to enjoy numerous other unique amenities, such as Spa Sage, the resort's full-service spa providing an array of healing treatments, facials, massage therapy, body treatments and more. Named the fourth best hotel spa in the country by USA Today, Spa Sage is housed in a soothing setting and provides holistic health and wellness services, including a full-service salon, fitness center, saline pool and hot tub and yoga classes.
La Posada de Santa Fe, a Tribute Portfolio Resort & Spa also offers three tantalizing dining establishments:
- Julia, a Spirited Restaurant & Bar -- Named after the resort's historic original owner and legendary hostess, Julia Staab, the restaurant serves locally-inspired dishes.
- The Staab House -- Awarded the title of "Santa Fe's Coziest Bar" by Travel+Leisure, The Staab House serves some of the city's most creative signature cocktails and standout bar fare in a setting with a patio and fireside seating.
- The Patio Restaurant -- Offering fresh cuisine under the big New Mexico skies, The Patio Restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch, dinner and drinks and is Santa Fe outdoor dining at its finest.
Indie in Santa Fe
As with all Tribute Portfolio properties, La Posada de Santa Fe, a Tribute Portfolio Resort & Spa features a selection of #independentmoments: distinct design touches and experiences found at each Tribute Portfolio hotel and resort that illustrate what guests love about "staying independent." These socially-sourced vignettes extend beyond the typical hotel brochure to highlight the secret spots, must-sees and can't-miss experiences at each Tribute Portfolio property. Guests are also encouraged to share their own #independentmoments throughout their stay on property. The #independentmoments for La Posada de Santa Fe include:
- Bright Blue Doors: Traditional New Mexican lore holds that blue doors both welcome guests and guard against evil spirits, and doorways throughout the resort display this vibrant color.
- Juliarita Margarita: Sip on a taste of Santa Fe history with the resort's signature cocktail, named after Julia Staab. The ingredients are inspired by and made from apricots that still grow on a tree planted in the 1880s by Julia.
- Colorful Gardens: The resort is located on six beautifully landscaped acres, featuring plants indigenous to the region and foliage that changes with every season. Additionally, roses grow throughout the property in a tradition that dates back to the 1880s, when Julia Staab, the original owner of the estate, first planted and nurtured her own rose gardens.
- Tapestries: Located in the casita-style rooms, these southwestern-inspired tapestries hang along the original adobe walls.
- The Patio Twinkle Lights: Guests can enjoy an evening under the starlit sky and beautifully-draped twinkle lights at The Patio while sipping on specialty margaritas from the Official Santa Fe Margarita Trail and taking in live entertainment on Thursday and Friday nights.
- Traditional Southwest Fireplaces: Throughout the hotel, various guest rooms feature both traditional and "Kiva," or "Beehive," fireplaces. These Kiva fireplaces trace their history back to the 8th century, when they were first used in the underground sacred chambers of the Pueblo Indians.
Continued Growth in the U.S. and Beyond
Expanding the opportunity for owners, loyalty Members, and guests alike to "Stay Independent," Tribute Portfolio recently announced continued growth within the United States, adding additional independent, upper-upscale hotels and resorts in Tampa, FL; Denver, CO; San Diego, CA; St. Louis and Houston, TX to the collection. The brand also recently announced an expanded global presence, with two new properties in Singapore and Bali. Firmly anchored in the high-end category, Tribute Portfolio allows owners to maintain their independent spirit, while benefiting from Marriott's powerful distribution, loyalty and sales platforms.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.