Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) today announced the opening of Hyatt Place Edmonton/Downtown in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. The hotel, which opened its doors on Thursday, October 27, brings the Hyatt Place brand’s intuitive design, casual atmosphere, and practical amenities, such as free Wi-Fi and 24-hour food offerings, to the Edmonton area.
The hotel’s convenient location in the heart of downtown Edmonton provides easy access to the area’s best shopping and cultural favorites such as the Art Gallery of Alberta, Citadel Theatre, Francis Winspear Centre, Commonwealth Stadium and the New Rogers Place. Business travelers enjoy a short commute to the Shaw Conference Centre, Government of Canada, Alberta Treasury Branches and Edmonton’s CN Tower office building.
“As Edmonton continues to grow and thrive economically, we are excited to add to the momentum by welcoming the first Hyatt Place hotel to the area,” said Owner Prem Singhmar of AUM Hotel Group. “With our smartly designed social spaces and guestrooms with separate areas to work and sleep, Hyatt Place Edmonton/Downtown offers multitasking travelers the room they need, and our free hot breakfast is just the thing to get our guests going in the morning.”
Hyatt Place Edmonton/Downtown offers:
- 255 spacious guestrooms with separate spaces to sleep, work and play, as well as a Cozy Corner sofa-sleeper
- Free Wi-Fi everywhere
- a.m. Kitchen Skillet™, a free hot breakfast for guests available daily in the Gallery Kitchen, features signature breakfast sandwiches, fresh fruit, oatmeal, yogurt, cereal, fresh-baked pastries, and more
- 24/7 Gallery Menu & Market serving freshly prepared meals anytime, day or night and perfectly packaged sandwiches and salads
- Coffee to Cocktails Bar featuring specialty coffees and premium beers, as well as wines and cocktails
- Odds & Ends program for forgotten items that guests can buy, borrow or enjoy for free
- Meeting and Function space with more than 13,000 square feet
- 24-hour Gym featuring cardio equipment with LDC touchscreens and free ear buds
“Edmonton is a vibrant city, filled with friendly people, inviting neighborhoods, and an ever-expanding list of attractions and landmarks to visit,” said Rachel Macknee, director of sales and marketing, Hyatt Place Edmonton/Downtown. “Our hotel is central to all of Edmonton’s most popular sites, and we are confident that the Hyatt Place Edmonton/Downtown will exceed guest expectations and provide them with everything they need while visiting our area.”
Hyatt Place Edmonton/Downtown is under the leadership of Director of Operations Steve White and Director of Sales and Marketing Rachel Macknee. In his role, White is directly responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the hotel, including overseeing the hotel’s 60 associates and ensuring guests encounter the purposeful service for which Hyatt Place is known. Macknee is responsible for providing sales service and support to travelers and meeting planners frequenting the Edmonton area.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.