Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) announced today that a Hyatt affiliate has entered into a franchise agreement with M&L Hospitality for a Hyatt Place hotel in London, to be managed by Cycas Hospitality. Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport will mark the second Hyatt Place hotel and the fifth Hyatt-branded hotel in the United Kingdom.
The Hyatt Place brand is rooted in extensive consumer insights indicating that guests seek stylish, comfortable, seamless experiences that accommodate their lifestyles and familiar routines. To embody this, the brand offers casual hospitality and purposeful service in a smartly designed, high-tech and contemporary environment.
“We are delighted to collaborate with M&L Hospitality to bring the second Hyatt Place hotel to the U.K.,” said Peter Norman, senior vice president, acquisitions and development – Europe, Africa and Middle East (EAME) and Southwest Asia for Hyatt. “The opening of this hotel will mark a significant milestone for Hyatt as the Hyatt Place brand continues to expand worldwide and offer more choices to our guests in key gateway cities.”
Expected to open in early 2017 following an extensive renovation of the existing building, Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport will be located at the doorstep of Heathrow Airport, providing guests with a relaxing and uncomplicated place to pause before beginning the next leg of their journey.
“M&L Hospitality’s collaboration with Hyatt continues to expand with the opening of Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport in the U.K.,” said Neil Maxwell, chief executive officer, M&L Hospitality. “After extensive upgrades to the hotel, including a full refurbishment of all guest rooms and public areas, we believe the Hyatt Place brand is the right fit for the hotel and Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport will exceed guest expectations while visiting or passing through London.”
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport will offer:
- 350 spacious guestrooms, including a plush Hyatt Grand Bed, media and work center with a 42" flat-panel HDTV and comfortable Cozy Corner sofa-sleeper
- Gallery Hosts unique to the Hyatt Place brand who are available 24/7
- 24/7 Gallery Market offering grab ‘n go items, such as snacks and sandwiches
- Coffee to Cocktails Bar featuring specialty coffees and premium beers, as well as wines and cocktails
- Meetings Spaces offering seven flexible, high-tech meeting/function space that can accommodate 2-100 delegates
- 24-hour StayFit Gym featuring fully stocked exercise equipment
- Odds & Ends program for forgotten items that guests can buy, borrow or enjoy for free
- Free Wi-Fi and public computers with remote printing throughout the hotel
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport will be managed by Cycas Hospitality. “This is a trusted, global brand for Heathrow Airport and we know that guests will enjoy our plans for new, intuitive levels of service which will mark this hotel apart from its competitors on the strip,” said John Wagner, director, Cycas Hospitality.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.