Cvent, Inc. today released its annual list of top hotels for meetings and events in United States. The list was compiled by analyzing meeting and event booking activity through its Cvent Supplier Network, which sourced more than $11 billion in meetings and events in 2016.
The company also announced it has expanded its European rankings, announcing its Top 50 Meeting Hotels in Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA). Cvent also produced the inaugural Top 50 Meetings Hotels in the Asia Pacific (APAC) region.
|Top 10 U.S. Hotel Properties||Top 10 EMEA Hotel Properties||Top 10 APAC Hotel Properties|
|Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center||Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona||Marina Bay Sands Singapore|
|The Venetian and Palazzo Resort, Hotel & Casinos||Hilton Prague||Grand Hyatt Singapore|
|ARIA Resort & Casino||Hotel Arts Barcelona||Shangri-la Hotel, Sydney|
|JW Marriott Austin||Melia Castilla Hotel & Convention Center Madrid||Hilton Singapore|
|Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center||W Barcelona||Conrad Centennial Singapore|
|Omni Nashville Hotel||Hilton London Metropole||Fairmont Singapore|
|The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa||Moevenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre ijVENUES||Hilton Sydney|
|Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego||Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center||InterContinental Sydney|
|Hyatt Regency Orlando||Hilton Vienna||Pan Pacific Singapore|
|Mandalay Bay Resort||Rome Marriott Park Hotel||InterContinental Singapore|
“Hotels have become increasingly focused on developing more meeting and event business, and as such, have become more sophisticated in competing for the most lucrative opportunities for their respective venues,” said Kevin Fliess, vice president of marketing for Cvent’s Hospitality Cloud. “Hotels continue to advance and expand their group marketing efforts and are increasingly embracing a data-driven approach to more effectively pursue the optimal meetings and events for their venue. This coupled with another year of notable investment in renovation and other upgrades have led to shifts in the rankings as competition remains fierce even in a robust market.”
“We are proud to be a major player in continuing to make Nashville a top meeting destination,” said John Adams, general manager, Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center. “This recognition is a testament to our incredibly dedicated, passionate team and their focus on providing the most memorable experience possible.”
U.S. List Highlights:
- The Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center is this year’s Top Meeting Hotel, climbing from second place last year.
- Four new properties have broken into the Top 10:
- JW Marriott Austin (Ranked 4th)
- The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa (Ranked 7th)
- Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego (Ranked 8th)
- Mandalay Bay Resort (Ranked 10th)
- Newcomers to the top 100 list include Loews Chicago O’Hare Hotel, the Renaissance Washington, D.C. Downtown Hotel, and Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel & Marina, to name a few.
- Marriott, Hilton and Hyatt are the top 3 Hotel Chains which have the most properties on the Top 100 list.
EMEA List Highlights:
- The Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona is this year’s Top Meeting Hotel, climbing from third place last year.
- The JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai (Ranked 45th) is the first property from the Middle East to make the newly expanded list.
- Four new properties have broken into the Top 10:
- Melia Castilla Hotel & Convention Center Madrid (Ranked 4th)
- Moevenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre ijVENUES (Ranked 7th)
- Hilton Vienna (Ranked 9th)
- Rome Marriott Park Hotel (Ranked 10th)
- Hilton, Marriott and Intercontinental (in that order) are the top 3 Hotel Chains which have the most properties on the Top 50 list.
APAC List Highlights:
- Marina Bay Sands Singapore is this year’s Top Meeting Hotel from APAC.
- Hilton, Hyatt and Intercontinental (in that order) are the top three Hotel Chains which have the most properties on the Top 50 list.
- Seven out of the Top 10 Meeting Hotels from APAC are from Singapore and the rest 3 are from Sydney, New South Wales.
Cvent evaluated hotel properties that generated business through the Cvent Supplier Network from January 2016 through December 2016. The properties were ranked according to various criteria, including total requests for proposals (RFPs), awarded RFPs, total room nights, awarded room nights, major metropolitan area (MMA) market share, conversion rate, and the hotel's unique profile visits in the Cvent Supplier Network. The criteria are designed to provide the most accurate reflection of the top meeting hotels in the U.S., EMEA and APAC regions.
Featuring more than 245,000 hotels, resorts and special event venues, the Cvent Supplier Network is one the world’s largest and most accurate databases of detailed venue information. Cvent sourced more than $11 billion in meetings and events through its marketplace in 2016. The CSN contains listings of hotels and other venues in more than 175 countries that can be searched and filtered based on approximately 200 meetings and events attributes. The Network is part of the Cvent Hospitality Cloud, which provides hotels, CVBs and other event venue owners, solutions to effectively generate qualified demand for meetings and events, manage that demand more efficiently, and measure group business performance.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.