Hilton (NYSE: HLT) today celebrated the grand opening of the first-ever Tru by Hilton – the company’s 5,000th hotel – at Tru by Hilton Oklahoma City Airport. With more than 425 hotels in various stages of development, Tru by Hilton has achieved the fastest growing pipeline in the history of the hospitality industry, and has captured approximately 2/3 of all net pipeline growth associated with the midscale segment since it launched in 2016.
Developed from the ground up using consumer and owner feedback, and brought to market in just 16 months from when it launched at the Americas Lodging Investment Summit (ALIS), Tru by Hilton is a brand-new hotel experience that is vibrant, affordable and young-at-heart. It is energetic, but it is relaxing and comfortable. It is familiar, and it is also unexpected. It is uniquely Tru.
“For nearly 100 years, Hilton has delivered exceptional hospitality to millions of travelers through our world-class brands and industry-leading innovations,” said Christopher J. Nassetta, president and CEO, Hilton. “Today we are pleased to celebrate our first Tru by Hilton—a brand we launched with the goal of reinventing the midscale segment by providing guests with a contemporary, consistent and fresh experience at a great value.”
Tru by Hilton thinks differently and is a game changer in the midscale segment:
- All new-build brand, which drives the consistency of experience for our guests
- Reimagined, enlarged lobby with 2,880 square feet of public space with areas to work, play games, eat or lounge
- Breakfast is reinvented with the build-your-own complimentary "Top It" breakfast bar that has 30 sweet and savory toppings so guests can create their own healthy or indulgent morning masterpieces
- Rooms are modern and designed to make every square foot count, with natural light from oversized windows, 55” TV with 150 DIRECTV channels and bright all-shower bathrooms with premium bath amenities
- National and local brand gourmet snacks and drinks – including single-serve beer and wine – are available 24/7 in the “Eat. & Sip.” market located in the heart of the lobby
- Tech savvy hotel with mobile check-in, Digital Key, free superfast Wi-Fi, remote printing, social media wall, lobby and market iPads, super-charging stations and accessibility to outlets everywhere
- A fitness center that leverages the latest fitness trends through barre, TRX bands, free weights, cardio and flexibility gear, plus guests can get workout ideas from the fitness center tablet
- All the benefits of a Hilton Honors membership are available to Tru by Hilton guests
“Tru by Hilton appeals to a cross-generation of travelers who share a zest for life mindset and appreciate minimal yet meaningful amenities and design,” says Alexandra Jaritz, global head, Tru by Hilon. “With Tru by Hilton, these travelers don’t have to choose between a great experience and price in the midscale segment—they now can get the best of both worlds.”
Tru by Hilton Oklahoma City Airport boasts 86 rooms and is conveniently located near Will Rogers World Airport. The property is owned by Champ Patel at Champion Hotels, LLC.
“We are proud to bring the first Tru by Hilton property to market and want to thank all the Tru Team Members who have made today possible,” said Champ Patel, CEO, Champion Hotels, LLC. “We believe in the potential of this transformative brand, and are very excited to bring 15 other Tru by Hilton properties to life in cities across the country.”
The grand opening of Tru by Hilton Oklahoma City Airport will begin at 8:30 a.m. CT today. Hilton CEO Christopher Nassetta, Oklahoma City Mayor Mick Cornett, Global Head of Tru by Hilton Alexandra Jaritz and industry-leading property developer Champ Patel will offer remarks. True to the brand’s personality, the event will feature “wow” moments, celebrity appearances and a “Live from the Tru Blu Carpet” Facebook Live event on facebook.com/hiltonnewsroom from 8:30–9:00 a.m. CT.
The opening of the first Tru by Hilton and Hilton’s 5,000th property milestone come on the heels of several other major growth milestones, including the opening of the 100th properties in both Greater China and Latin America. In January 2017, Hilton successfully completed the spin-offs of Hilton Grand Vacations and Park Hotels & Resorts, creating a capital-light business that responds to market conditions, owner needs and evolving customer expectations.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.