Hutchinson Consulting, the leading executive search firm for hospitality, spa and wellness, hosted their annual corporate retreat April 28 to May 1, at the home office in Sonoma, California. Executive recruiters from across the country convened to celebrate the company’s recent success, and plan for future growth.
“Hutchinson Consulting is experiencing sustainable growth as a result of our stellar team. Demand for qualified hospitality and wellness professionals is at an all-time high, and we are delivering qualified, thoroughly vetted executives,” says Bill Hutchinson, owner and co-founder of Hutchinson. “For the first-time ever, Hutchinson has added wellness titles to its database portfolio, due to an increase in demand for placement of Wellness positions. Our largest areas of growth have been in placing wellness positions, international hospitality candidates and those in the medi-spa space.”
The Hutchinson Consulting team enjoyed the spoils of the Sonoma Valley, while reviewing past successes and brainstorming future opportunities. Recent accomplishments include:
- Successful Job Placements: Hutchinson placed a record 21 candidates in the first quarter of 2017 in the Hospitality, Spa, Food & Beverage and Wellness industries.
|Robin Stewart||Jennifer Copeland|
- New Staff Additions: Executive Recruiter Robin Stewart and Associate Jennifer Copeland joined the Hutchinson team in April. Stewart was formerly COO and Director of Recruitment at two large insurance offices in New York and Los Angeles. Copeland worked previously with Korn Ferry International, the world's largest provider of executive search.
- Growth in the Southeast U.S.: Hutchinson expanded its foothold in the Southeast, as Executive Recruiter Sheri Claflin recently relocated to Lexington, Kentucky.
- Global Expansion: New to Hutchinson is expansion outside of the U.S.—including placements in Mexico, Europe, India and other parts of Asia.
- Development of New Market Opportunities: Hutchinson has seen significant growth in emerging wellness markets and private estate management sector.
Hutchinson’s future plans include further expansion of new market opportunities, such as private estate management and senior care living, as well as working with their hospitality partners to explore new wellness models in hotels and resorts.
“Wellness is here to stay. The explosion in wellness-oriented experience represents a fundamental shift in consumer demand. Real estate developments, hotels and resorts are incorporating spa and wellness not only in the spa department, but into other aspects of the hotel, such as programming, rooms, meetings, and food and beverage,” says Michael Tompkins, Executive Recruiter at Hutchinson and Immediate Past Chair of the International Spa Association.
About Hutchinson Consulting
Hutchinson Consulting is the leading firm in Hospitality, Spa and Wellness recruiting. With a team of executive recruiters totaling more than a century of experience, Hutchinson Consulting maintains a data base of thousands of top-level executives, hotel managers, resort managers, and spa managers. Our Private Estate Management sector conducts discreet, confidential searches for families of wealth seeking an estate manager or chief of staff. We source, screen, and rigorously reference-check the finest managers in the hospitality and wellness business. www.hutchinsonconsulting.com.
Michael Tompkins, Executive Recruiter, Hutchinson Consulting
Nancy Griffin, Principal, Contento Marketing
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.