nterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) has announced the signing of Hotel Indigo London - One Leicester Square. The hotel marks IHG’s debut presence in Leicester Square and continues the growth of the Hotel Indigo brand as its fourth property in London and eleventh in the UK.
Due to open in late 2017, the hotel, based in one of London’s busiest hubs, will feature 95 guest rooms, each with a design reflecting the local area. Leicester Square sits at the centre of London’s entertainment and cultural districts – where guests will be able to experience everything London has to offer. A melting pot for the all things cinematic and theatrical at the heart of London’s West End there is an artistic flair prominently in the neighbourhood which is reflected in the hotel’s design.
The hotel will have a destination rooftop bar and restaurant designed to take full advantage of the amazing views of central London. The design of the hotel will be influenced by the existing property’s art deco stylings combined with the theatrics of the surrounding Leicester Square areas and its varied heritage cinemas. Guests will also have access to a gym and working spaces that can be used for meetings.
The hotel will operate under a franchise agreement with Criterion Capital and will be the operator’s first venture with the franchise partner.
Andrew Shaw, Associate Vice President of Development UK&I, IHG, commented: “London is a core driver of demand within the UK. The increase in international inbound travel to London is driving a need for new hotels and giving us the opportunity to grow our portfolio. Hotel Indigo London – One Leicester Square will be a valuable addition to the brand, in a globally recognised London location. We are looking forward to working on the hotel with Criterion Capital.”
Michael North, Head of Hotels, Criterion Capital, commented: “We are pleased to be opening our first Hotel Indigo hotel with IHG later this year. It was important for us to partner with an operator that could offer us such a strong brand, and Leicester Square has its own personality and neighbourhood story, which is why Hotel Indigo is the perfect fit for the area. This is a significant strategic investment for Criterion Capital. We have a series of hotels scheduled to open in rapid succession across Prime Central London.”
Hotel Indigo is one of IHG’s boutique brands with 75 hotels (9,214 rooms) open and 76 hotels (10,437) in the global pipeline. The brand has grown rapidly since its launch in 2004 and continues to be a strong growth vehicle for IHG with a strategy focused on growing in top tier priority markets in desirable urban centres and established destinations. Boutique is the fastest growing segment in the hotel industry and since Q3 2016 alone, IHG has signed eight Hotel Indigo properties across Europe.
There are currently 21 Hotel Indigo hotels open and 18 in the pipeline across Europe.
Additional signings include:
- Hotel Indigo Milan - Corso Monforte, due to open in early 2018, this 55- guest room converted historic palace is situated in the city centre and will operate under a franchise agreement with Finalba Seconda Srl.
- Hotel Indigo Dundee, due to open in mid-2018, the hotel will operate under a franchise agreement with Lower Dens Hotel Services (Dundee) Limited. This 96-room property will be the owner’s first IHG branded hotel.
- Hotel Indigo Frankfurt: One of the largest Hotel Indigo properties in Europe, this 236-guest room property is due to open in early 2019. Located in the heart of the financial district this property will be ideal for business travellers and will operate under a franchise agreement with GERCH Frankfurt Mainzer Landstraße Investitions GmbH.
- Hotel Indigo Manchester - Victoria Station was signed under a franchised agreement with UBH Manchester Limited and is due to open in early 2019. The 187-guest room property is situated adjacent to Manchester Victoria Station, making the perfect location for both business and leisure travellers.
- Hotel Indigo The Hague - Royal Palace will operate under a franchise agreement with BHG Randstad IBV and be the owners eighth IHG brand in their portfolio. The 63-room converted historic property located on one of the best known and most prestigious shopping avenues.
- As part of the MDA agreement with Tristar GmbH, Hotel Indigo Dresden - Wettiner Platz is due to open in late 2018 and will operate under a franchise agreement. The 132 roomed property is perfectly located in centre of Dresden and the design will mimic the music neighbourhood where it sits.
- Due to open in later 2018, Hotel Indigo Manchester - Piccadilly Gardens will operate under a franchise agreement with Cairn Hotel Group and will house 139 rooms
- The 45-guest room Hotel Indigo Belgrade is set to open in late 2019 and will operate under a managed agreement with Profileon Plus d.o. The hotel is located in the heart of the city centre amidst the main shopping area and local restaurants and bars.
Hotel Indigo Warsaw - Nowy Swiat opened in May this year and Hotel Indigo The Hague - Royal Palace and Hotel Indigo London – Aldgate are due to open later this year.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.