Before we begin the dissection of a channel manager, let us dig in why the tool comes into picture. The hotel channel management has become a buzzword in industry and we have been talking about it since quite a long time now. In the pursuit of connecting with more and more booking sources; you as a hotelier associate with several channels or 3rd party booking platforms that increase your exposure and bring you bookings. Sooner or later, performing such a time and energy consuming task might leave you all worked up and you might start looking for solutions that can automate and effectivize it for you.
Well, for some of your fellow hoteliers; this still might not be a reason powerful enough to invest in a tool called channel manager. If you too are looking for a compelling conviction on why to invest in leading edge distribution automation technology, read on:
Hotelier and Channel Manager: The connection
Room availability and rates; these are prime factors that govern the ROI of your hotel business. You are well aware that managing an optimum level of rates and occupancy is sheer essentiality; and it falls completely under your span of control. Not to forget that this is a continuous process (a full time job for those who perform it manually) to be followed day in and day out at any accommodation.
If front-desk software is heart of hotel to manage operations, channel manager is the brain that gets the rooms booked.
Therefore, it is indispensable to evaluate amount of efforts, time, energy and payroll that are dedicated to maintain them manually. Just imagine, what if you can automate this process and get rid of manual operations? Wouldn’t it be a giant relief? Hence, for you to get a channel manager and ease up, we have accumulated top “7 reasons as to why to invest in a Hotel Channel Manager”.
Easily add new booking channels for your hotel. The more the better!
Multi-channel booking strategy is what works best in any season. Implementing a channel manager at your property gives you access to hundreds of connected channels. A channel manager bridges your property with all those booking platforms, displays your inventory to crowds of bookers looking for accommodation in your city and brings you paid bookings with more advantages such as,
- Higher distribution reach,
- Demand generation,
- Higher ROI,
- Variety of booking sources,
- And, get seen by regional as well as global bookers.
Single dashboard for strategic inventory and rate management
Tiresome inventory management becomes hassle free once you deploy a channel manager to do that. Moreover,
- You get a single dashboard that gives you an insightful overview of availability and rates distributed on all connected channels.
- Minimized human intervention with system to push and pull data.
- You can send out pooled inventory to channels to acquire maximum bookings from any channel, without worrying about overbookings.
- Your room rates and availability are always in sync and latest to the moment across all channels, so that your staff does not need to sit and pass on inventory refill and updates.
- Rates on different OTAs, vacation rental portals, metasearch platforms and even your own website; manage it from one-place.
Everything is automated. Just send a command and system does it for you. Instead of manual operations, you can focus and strategize better distribution.
Visit the blog and explore the rest of the reasons. Additionally, you’d find what to keep in mind before you begin evaluating an online distribution tool for your property.
Without a channel manager,
- Every morning you rush to update all calendars with live rates and latest occupancy.
- You keep worrying about overbookings or missed bookings.
- You repeat those same time consuming tasks every day.
- You might lose that potential revenue you could’ve earned otherwise.
With a channel manager, you can
- Enjoy your morning coffee while interacting with your guests.
- Leave front desk and take a vacation too. You have a channel manager on mobile to check and update rates if and when you wish to.
- Automate recurring operations to save time and money and master productivity.
- Earn higher ROI with no revenue leakage.
Because you have the tech way to manage it.
About eZee Technosys
eZee Technosys is one of the few complete hospitality IT solutions providers in the world. Offering solutions that cover hotel management, booking management, online room distribution, restaurant management, guest feedback and hotel mobile apps. eZee offers on-premise along with cloud based solutions as well as mobile applications for eZee solutions. Founded in 2005, eZee Technosys today serves more than 6000 clients in more than 140 countries across the globe. Visit eZee’s corporate website for more.
This article originally appeared on eZee Absolute Blog.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.