Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) today announced that a Hyatt affiliate has entered into a franchise agreement with HR Group for a Hyatt House hotel in Frankfurt, Germany. Expected to open in late 2019, the hotel will be owned by benchmark. REAL Estate Development GmbH and will be leased and managed by HR Group. Hyatt House Frankfurt/Eschborn will mark the second Hyatt House and third select service hotel for Hyatt in Germany, an important step towards increasing Hyatt’s portfolio throughout the country.
The Hyatt House brand is rooted in extensive consumer insights indicating that guests seek stylish, comfortable, seamless experiences that accommodate their lifestyles and familiar routines. To embody this, the brand offers casual hospitality and purposeful service in a smartly designed, high-tech and contemporary environment.
“We are delighted to announce plans for the second Hyatt House hotel in Germany,” said Guido Fredrich, Hyatt’s regional vice president acquisitions and development for Europe. “We continue to grow the Hyatt House brand thoughtfully in key markets around the world, and we believe Hyatt House Frankfurt/Eschborn will provide an exciting new hotel experience for guests visiting Frankfurt, one of Germany’s most important hotel markets.”
Rusan Husry, managing director of HR Group, added, “We strongly believe in the further development potential of the hotel market in the greater Frankfurt area. Entering into our first franchise agreement with Hyatt displays a further milestone in the growth path of our group.”
The new Hyatt House hotel will be located in Frankfurt Eschborn, a well-established business area on Frankfurt’s Ring Road, known to be the city’s international financial and economic center. The hotel’s immediate surrounding area is currently home to numerous high-profile corporations. Eschborn benefits from a great infrastructure with easy access to the main highways, convenient connections into Frankfurt city center and Frankfurt airport. It also offers a range of local amenities such as shopping facilities, restaurants, and recreation areas.
“The combination of the hotel’s extended stay offering and ideal location will be very attractive for business travelers and we are excited to introduce the Hyatt House brand to Frankfurt, Europe’s financial hub,” said Götz U. Hufenbach, managing partner of benchmark. REAL Estate Development GmbH. “We believe that Hyatt House Frankfurt/Eschborn will cater to a growing extended stay market in Germany and we look forward to welcoming guests and making them feel at home.”
Hyatt House Frankfurt/Eschborn will offer:
- 190 rooms and apartment-style Kitchen Suites with fully equipped kitchens, comfortable living rooms, spacious bedrooms, and stylish bathrooms with complimentary skin and hair care amenities
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel and guestrooms
- The Commons, a comfortable lounge with an open and welcoming space for guests to relax, gather and socialize
- 24/7 H Market to meet the everyday needs of guests, from snacks and sundries
- A 24-hour Workout Room to keep fitness routines going
- Borrows Menu with often-forgotten items from phone charges to razors
- A Very Important Resident (VIR) program, including complimentary grocery shopping, and other personalized perks, for guests with 30 plus consecutive nights
- Additional services, including guest laundry and complimentary grocery shopping available to extended stay guests
There are five Hyatt-branded hotels currently open in Germany, namely Park Hyatt Hamburg, Grand Hyatt Berlin, Hyatt Regency Cologne, Hyatt Regency Düsseldorf, and Hyatt Regency Mainz. In addition to Hyatt House Frankfurt/Eschborn, there are three Hyatt-branded hotels currently under development: Hyatt House Düsseldorf/Andreas Quarter (expected to open in October 2017), Hyatt Place Frankfurt Airport (expected to open in January 2018) and Andaz Munich (expected to open in Q3 2018).
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.