Changing brand landscape in the Athens hotel market
- Today’s international hotel brand landscape in Athens consists of Accor (Novotel & Sofitel), Carlson Rezidor (Radisson Blu), Intercontinental Hotels Group (Crowne Plaza, Intercontinental & Holiday Inn), Starwood Hotels & Resorts (the Luxury Collection), Hilton Hotel & Resorts, Wyndham Hotel Group, Melia Hotels International, Best Western and Hapimag. In total, these brands operate currently 18 hotels in Athens with a total of 3,087 rooms.
- In September, it was announced that luxury hotel chain Four Seasons will undertake the management of the completely redeveloped Astir Palace located at the Athens Riviera. The new hotel will debut as the Four Seasons Astir Palace Hotel Athens in May 2018, right in time to host visitors of the international shipping exhibition Posidonia, which will take place in Athens during 4 – 8 June 2018.
- The new owners of the former 314- room Athens Ledra hotel, Hines and Henderson Park and the Yiannis
Daskalandonakis Group, are in discussion with various international brands. However, we could not confirm press reports of a deal with Hyatt, who indeed is looking for a presence in Athens as currently they only operate the Hyatt Regency in Thessaloniki.
- Home Holdings, the new owners of the Athens Hilton, is also in discussion with international hotel brands for the operation of the hotel including brands of the Hilton Group. The contract with Hilton expires in March 2018.
- Finally, as is known for a year, Marriott returns to Athens as the 5-star Metropolitan hotel and Accor might open its first Ibis hotel opposite the archaeological museum.
Click here ( Adobe Acrobat PDF file) to download the complete article.
GBR Consulting is a leading Greek business consultant firm. GBR Consulting supports clients develop their businesses in a structured manner leading to growth. The firm offers their clients, who are mainly active in the tourism, retail, food, construction and energy sectors, lasting solutions in the field of strategy, marketing, organisation and finance, while also delivering litigation support.
4 Sekeri Street, 106 74 Athens, Greece
T (+30) 210 36 05 002
F (+30) 210 36 06 935
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.