More than 580 Hospitality Financial and Technology Professionals (HFTP®) members and hospitality industry professionals came together from around the globe to celebrate HFTP's 65 years as an association at Annual Convention last week. This year's Annual Convention was held from October 25–27, 2017 at the Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate in Championsgate, Florida USA.
"Thank you to HFTP members, chapters, stakeholders and staff for 65 years of success," said HFTP CEO Frank Wolfe. "HFTP is proud to have provided hospitality finance and technology processionals opportunities to excel in their careers for nearly seven decades. We look forward to continued success in the years to come."
The event's education schedule offered attendees the opportunity to choose from a variety of session formats, and trending industry topics including: Employee Relations 101; Accounting Changes; Club Management; Performance Excellence; Ransomware; Bitcoins; Firewalls; GHACP; and more. In traditional HFTP fashion, Annual Convention featured three keynote speakers, attendee networking, exhibits, a business meeting and silent auction benefiting a local charity during the HFTP Annual Tribute to Success black-tie evening.
As part of its ongoing social responsibility efforts, HFTP held its third HFTP Helps which featured a silent auction fundraiser as well as a putting green benefiting Camp Boggy Creek, a free, safe and medically-sound camp environment that enriches the lives of children with serious illnesses and their families. HFTP Helps also partnered with OneBlood, and conducted a blood drive to assist with the recovery efforts of the hurricanes Harvey, Irma and Maria as well as the recent Las Vegas, Nevada USA tragedy. HFTP Helps 2017 raised $9,500, and 100 percent of the proceeds were donated directly to Camp Boggy Creek.
Annual Convention also represents a time for HFTP to recognize outstanding achievement from individuals and HFTP chapters that embody the success of the association. Below were this year's industry-leading award recipients that were selected by a council of industry colleagues and peers.
- 2017 CHTP of the Year: Clint DeMill, CHTP, associate director of administration at The University of Utah Guest House and Conference Center
- 2017 CHAE of the Year: Guus Martinus Heijmans, CHAE, accounting/HR manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Los Angeles LAX/Century Boulevard
- 2017 Paragon Award: Mary Gerdts, founder and CEO at POST Integrations Inc. and EboCom, LLC.
- 2017 Technology Hall of Fame: Greg Dawes, solutions architect/technical director at VT Group; Monika Nerger, CIO at Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group
- 2017 Award of Merit: Keith Gruen, CEO at ysura; Hiroo Ichii, advisor at NEC Solution Innovators, Ltd; Dr. Ravi Mehrota, president, founder and chief scientist at IDeaS Revenue Solutions
- 2017 President's Award: Carson Booth, CHTP, startup technology consultant and chairman of the HITEC Amsterdam Advisory Council
- 2017 HFTP Chapters of the Year: HFTP Southern Alberta Chapter (Tier A: 1-35 members); HFTP Florida Manasota Chapter (Tier B: 36-70 members); HFTP Mid-Florida Chapter (Tier C: 71+ members)
- 2017 HFTP Student Chapter of the Year: HFTP San Jose State University Student Chapter
The association's new 2017-2018 HFTP Global Board leaders were installed during the event's HFTP Annual Tribute to Success evening, and Timothy G. Nauss, CHAE assumed his role as the new HFTP Global President. The 2017-2018 HFTP Global Board officially started their term today.
Annual Convention 2018 is slated for October 24-26 at the new Omni Louisville Hotel in Louisville, Kentucky USA. For more information about HFTP's Annual Convention and other global activities, contact the HFTP Meetings & Special Events Department at email@example.com or visit www.hftp.org. For the latest news, follow HFTP/HITEC on HITEC Bytes, PineappleSearch, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter (@HFTP), Instagram (HFTP_HITEC), Flickr and YouTube.
Hospitality Financial and Technology Professionals (HFTP®) established in 1952, is an international, nonprofit association, headquartered in Austin, Texas, USA, with offices in Hong Kong, United Kingdom and the Netherlands. HFTP is recognized as the spokes group for the finance and technology segments of the hospitality industry with members and stakeholders spanning across the globe. HFTP uniquely understands the industry's pressing issues and assists its stakeholders in finding solutions to their challenges more efficiently than any organization. It does this via its expert networks, research, certification programs, information resources and conferences/events such as HITEC. HFTP also owns the world's only hospitality-specific search engine, PineappleSearch.com. For more information about HFTP, email firstname.lastname@example.org or download the HFTP/HITEC media kit via the HFTP website. Read industry updates on the suite of HFTP hospitality news sites: HITEC Bytes, Club Bytes, Finance Bytes and HFTP News.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.