HTNG releases the 2018 Middle East Conference agenda with topics focusing on blockchain, AI and machine learning, GDPR and VAT implementation in the Middle East.
Along with informative and engaging sessions, HTNG conferences provide a plethora of networking opportunities with local, regional and global industry experts. HTNG's seventh Middle East Conference in Dubai will take place at the Jumeirah Mina A'Salam from 23-24 January 2018.
The event will include the following sessions:
- Blockchain and Hospitality - With the concept of blockchain arising across many industries, it is critical for hospitality professionals to have a basic knowledge framework for understanding blockchain, separating fact from hype and assessing where blockchain can be applicable in hospitality. Learn from Blockchain Consultant, Jessica Houlgrave, about the basics of blockchain technology at a strategic level, with guidance on key variations and the applications where they may make sense.
- VAT Implementation in the Middle East - The VAT implementation will affect all companies in the region and is an important shift for everyone. Kate Bacon, Deloitte, will help the audience discover helpful tips on how to ensure your company complies with these new obligations both inside and outside of the hospitality sector.
- The AI Age: How Will Machine Learning and Intelligence Impact Travel and Hospitality? - We see AI and machine learning rapidly developing in the hospitality industry with the use of voice commands, chatbots, robotics and more. Kanishka Agiwal, IBM Corporation, will provide a glimpse into the near future and explore how it will affect our industry.
- Are You Ready for GDPR? - Global hospitality chains, trading partners and vendors who conduct business within the European region need to navigate the pitfalls associated with compliance to these updated laws. Richard Chudzynski and Matthew White of PwC will help your company make sure you're ready to properly abide by this regulation.
Other session topics include:
- Aligning HTNG with Industry Priorities
- Case Study: Using AI and Machine Learning to Improve Guest and Employee Experience
- GDPR Drill Down and Q&A
- IT Leadership Panel
- Reinvigorate Your Executive Committee
Other conference speakers include:
- Marwan Al Ali, Group CIO, Jumeirah Group
- Willem Both, Executive Vice President IT, Kerzner International Resorts Inc.
- John Burns, President, Hospitality Technology Consulting
- Craig Cochrane, SVP Human Resources, Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts
- Nigel Hattersley, Sr. Director IT Middle East and Africa, Marriott International
- Ted Horner, Managing Director, E. Horner & Associates
- Amro Khoudeir, Director of Digital Products, Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts
- Alexander Lee, SVP - Marketing, Revenue Management, Distribution, Jumeirah Group
- Michael Mrini, Director of Information Technology, Edwardian Hotels London
- Joe Tesfai, Corporate Director of IT, Dubai Parks & Resorts
- Aleksandra Woźniak, Digital Content Assistant Manager, Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts
Conference registration is open to any full-time employee of a company who owns, manages or franchises a hotel or hospitality venue. For all other industry participants, HTNG membership is required.
For registration or for more information on the conference, please visit: http://www.htng.org/MiddleEast
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.