There's a new hotel in Knoxville, Tenn., and it's a 100 years old. Dover Development and White Lodging announced the opening of Hyatt Place Knoxville/Downtown in the historic building formerly known as the Hotel Farragut, a gem of downtown Knoxville since opening in 1917. Hyatt Place Knoxville/Downtown is the first Hyatt-branded hotel in Knoxville and features the Hyatt Place brand's intuitive design, casual atmosphere and practical amenities, such as free Wi-Fi and 24-hour food offerings. The hotel is owned by Knoxville-based Dover Development and is managed by Indiana-based White Lodging.
"The Hotel Farragut was a place of special memories for many of the people of Knoxville. We're so excited to breathe new life into this landmark property," says General Manager Trenton Keelen. "Our convenient location offers so much in a walkable distance, from all of downtown Knoxville's amazing restaurants, galleries, historic theaters to the popular Neyland Stadium, to which visitors can hop on the free Knoxville Trolley."
The new Hyatt Place hotel stands on Gay Street, downtown Knoxville's center for eateries, retail and entertainment. Business travelers can take a three-block walk, or ride the morning trolley to the Knoxville Convention Center.
Hyatt Place Knoxville/Downtown offers:
- 165 spacious guestrooms with separate spaces to sleep, work and play, as well as a Cozy Corner sofa-sleeper
- Free Wi-Fi throughout hotel and guestrooms
- Gallery Kitchen Breakfast, a free hot breakfast for guests available daily in the Gallery Kitchen, features hot breakfast items, fresh fruit, steel cut oatmeal, Greek yogurt, and more
- 24/7 Gallery Menu & Market serving freshly prepared meals anytime, day or night and perfectly packaged sandwiches and salads
- On-site Starbucks® coffee
- Coffee to Cocktails Bar featuring specialty coffees and premium beers, as well as wines and cocktails
- Odds & Ends program for forgotten items that guests can buy, borrow or enjoy for free
- Meetings Spaces offer more than 3,848 square feet of flexible, high-tech meeting/function space, including a rooftop venue and 5 meeting rooms; the largest measuring at 1,350 square feet.
- 24-hour gym featuring cardio equipment with LCD touchscreens and free ear buds
- 24-hour business center for guests to use at their convenience
- Valet parking for a daily fee
- Dry Cleaning services
- Pet-friendly accommodations
The redevelopment of this property includes the area's only open-air rooftop space for special events that overlooks the Smoky Mountains. The hotel also maintained several of the Hotel Farragut's original features including a staircase made of Tennessee pink marble. It features art from local artists in the lobby and guestrooms and houses the Tennessee Theatre ticket office and Legacy Parks downtown office.
Hyatt Place Knoxville/Downtown is under the leadership of General Manager Trenton Keelen and Director of Sales Natalie Branham. In his role, Keelen is directly responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the hotel, including overseeing the hotel's associates and ensuring guests encounter the thoughtful service for which the Hyatt Place brand is known. Branham is responsible for providing sales service and support to travelers and meeting planners frequenting the Knoxville area.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.