Matthew Clifford, Head of Energy and Sustainability Services for JLL North Asia is interviewed by Chris Bentley during the 2014 CTBUH Shanghai Conference Future Cities: Towards Sustainable Vertical Urbanism.
• What role can tall buildings play in combating China’s air quality crisis specifically?
• What are the most promising technologies that might enable net zero energy skyscrapers in the future? Do you think net zero is attainable on a wide scale?
• What kind of structural changes or cooperation need to happen between government and private developers to achieve a sustainable vertical urbanism, as you would define it?
• How has green building changed in China over the past five years?
• What trends in high-performance building are most exciting to you, with regards to the future of tall building design?
• Is LEED still the best benchmark, or is there a better way forward?
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.